Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: [Imprl. Legions on Vvar.] - issues we need to resolve
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
alright... if I am not mistaken... there were six Legions on Vvardenfell... and unfortunately for those Legions, five are left...
Deathshead Legion - Fort Darius, Gnisis
Buckmoth Legion - Buckmoth Legion Fort, Ald Ruhn
Moonmoth Legion - Moonmoth Legion Fort, Balmora
Hawkmoth Legion - Hawkmoth Legion Fort, Ebonheart
Pelagiad Legion - Fort Pelagiad, Pelagiad
*(Tel Vos) Legion - (Tel Vos fort)

so in this thread we decide 3 things:
1. background stories / current stage
2. background/present for Tel Vos garrison
3. should Imperial Legion be joinable?

(Tel Vos Legion) - my take on it
I propose that this Legion was set up in a fort called Fort Lusius, a resonably large fort. It was virtually impervious to Ashlanders and settled Velothi, and only met their match when the Telvanni came. At first the Telvanni engaged in small skirmishes... and encouraged Ashlanders to do so as well. However, an ambitious Telvanni wizard by the name of Aryon arrived at Fort Lusius with a small warband of close friends, followers, and Telvanni warriors. He quickly began a skirmish with the Imperials. While they fought, he had some mages secretly plant the beginnings of a mushroom tower. The vine-like fungus eventually began destroying sections of the fortress and destabilizing the foundation. Then Aryon called to the General Trebon Lusius, and told him that he and his Dragontooth Legion would have to come out and fight if they were to survive. They did and using magics, Aryon and his retinue quickly dispatched the weary Legion with wizards-warriors and summoned Daedra; some of these Daedra still wander the castle. A few of the Imperials were captured as slaves, most others were killed, but some escaped. Trebon Lusius and those that escaped fled in shame and fear. They set up a camp north of Nchuleft and raided Telvanni and Ashlanders in an attempt to redeem themselves. However, they await Legionary aid since their small squad cannot retake the castle, now overgrown by a giant mushroom tower. Interestingly, it appears that the only captured member of the Dragontooth Legion who was not enslaved was a young Legionaire now in the Tel Vos Imperial Museum, one of Aryon's strange hobbies; perhaps with enough persuasion, the soldier will reveal his past. Big Grin
nice! :goodjob:

but isn't the empire pulling out of morrowind?
On the Playability of the Legion

what should we do?
NOT having them as a fully playable faction is my suggestion. I think their role is too limited. I think you should be able to JOIN them.... but quest will be small, like training types... not questing types...
basically limiting them so that you will only be a common soldier type.
However, joining them is good for earlier-on characters who need the training, the experience, and the garuntee of pay, or armor, and of shelter...
like the real army today Big Grin (which I may join...)

but I am thinking that if we are doing the Great House War MQuest, then the 4 sides should have their HQ type...
A war council of 1 Redoran, 1 Dres, and 1 Indoril should be your HQ-quest/battle giver if you are with the Triple Alliance.... if with the Hlaalu-Imperials, it might be a Hlaalu and an Imperial Military advisor... etc.etc.
and you report to the one for whom you fight....

so if you are Imperial Legion, and Hlaalu, you choose which army you fight in...
if you are Redoran and Imperial Legion, during the MQ you pick a side... unfortunately... you may rejoin but it might cost ya...

do you guys get what I mean?
[I will post this in the great House war thread also]
Quote:Originally posted by batman
nice! :goodjob:

but isn't the empire pulling out of morrowind?
yes, which is why there is the question of having it being:
a full-fledged faction
a very limited faction
an existent but not-playable
i vote very limited, and i like the theme of: not so much questing, but more training and preperation
Quote:Originally posted by batman
i vote very limited, and i like the theme of: not so much questing, but more training and preperation
It sounds like a good idea, but what would be the point of them being a faction you join in the beginning to level up in, when by the time that you get to our mod from Cyrodiil, you'll already be pretty strong as is?
well, things have changed....
we have decided to allow transit to Vvardenfell from the start...
except you'd need to go through western Morrowinf but that's ok. The reason for this is to open up TES4 Vvardenfell for more players... maybe we will also have a mini-mod of 1 NPC in Cyrodiil City... like a Dunmer and if you talk to him he'll tell you about Morrowind and Vvardenfell... (I am hoping that perhaps he is a Dunmer scholar but his mod purpose is to ingame publicize our mods Big Grin)
also, you are told that you are supposed to save the Empire from the beginning... hehe ....and somehow Vivec will know and still invite you.... Big Grin
hey, this is off topic, but i just got a great idea! what if we released a small mod near release with some of the resources we have already, and add in a dozen or so npcs to publicize our "ourcoming" great house war, as well as just vvardenfell and the mod in general?
Reword that?
when oblivion is released we should make a simple mod with some existing resources purposfully for the intention of publicizing our mod (of course we'd add new stuff to entice people to download it)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5