Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: [Relz] The Darkness of Castle Hei Li Beta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have uploaded the beta of the Adventure quest I made.

For some reason it requires "CM Partners.esm". For the life of me I don't know why. I have tried to remove it to no avail.

Castle Hei Li

This is still beta so I want you guys to help test is for me. It's kind of hard so I would like to know how Player level changes the Experience. To start the quest just buy the newest book from The First Edition.

I hope you guys like it. The resources used draw heavily from works for the Akavir Team so If you saw something I liked a while back now is you change to download it.

For the Quest

Spoilers

To get to the Castle look for my friend in Cheydenhal

More Spoilers

He is a Begger so just find the bag he keeps his stuff in.
I have made many improvements to this and would appreciate some help fixing errors and such.

Here is the New Download

I would really appreciate some help with this. I know it is big, but I encourage all of our team to try out my mod. It contains almost every model I have ever made, plus new ones. I think we can use this as an example of what we have accomplished.

It still need CM Partners to work.

So please try it out. I worked really hard on this.
well I thought it was pretty fun. I liked how you set up the buildings interior and exteriors(especially the library), and the original problem on the first one with the teleport necklace works now. I got a little lost at first, but it didn't take me long to wander around and find stuff to advance the quest stages.

That was the pros(that I can think of atm), now for the cons. It uber lagged my computer in some places(mostly places outdoors and the interior before I fought the guy in blue armor) XD. Of course I dont exacly have that strong of a computer

Dell XPS400(check the power supply before playing anything graphic intensive on machines from these guys! Dont scrap your vid card 3times like I did DSmile
G-force 6800 256mb
Intel Pentium D CPU 2.80GHz
3gig memory
and some other stuff I cant remember but proly isn't important....anyway>.>

there was a problem with the door at the crypt. I go in and just fall then turn up someplace and everything gets crazy. Im not sure what caused the door to dissapear...but when I looked in the CS it crashed every time O.o.

But beyond that, everything was cool imo. Good work Corthian
Thanks.

The problem with the outdoor part is that the collision is the wrong type. It can cause massive slow down. Which could be a large problem as we may need to use that tileset for other things as well. I have tried to change it to no avail. I will look at it again.

I will check out the crypt for errors. This is my first quest mod so bare with me.

Edit:

I can't seem to make a collision mesh from a mesh. The Collision type used by my tile set is extremely inefficient, usually it can be converted to a better type by simply importing into and out of Blender(I've done it before), but when I try that the exported Nif doesn't have any collision. The Tileset I used for the basement used the inefficient collision, I changed it and got a 10x better framerate. I wonder if perhaps that was the cause of the crash in the crypt. I forgot to mention this requires SI, it you don't have it, it may have caused a crash. I am relieved there aren't any graphical errors as that was the cause of most of the updates.
Congratulations Corthian.

Sounds like that work is coming along nicely for you.