Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Don't You hate being stuck with daedra
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, this is for the daedric ruin I'm working on, its a note, not a book. Its in the same room where all the events happened and it ties in with a weapon I'll (hopefully) make. And since I suck with any kind of scripting, tell me to put that bizarre little code so it looks like journal entries in game. Thxs and don't be too harsh on the critique.

<DIV ALIGN="LEFT"><FONT COLOR="000000" SIZE="3" FACE="Magic Cards"><BR>
DAMN HIM TO THE LOWEST PITS OF OBLIVION! The foul dunmer has beat me to it! After All of these years of searching he snatches it right from under my grasp! How could have he, and not be right before me now? His cohorts lie dead by my hands and I see no sign of him what so ever! He must still remain in this shrine, the cavern has trapped him the same as I and he must know I have supplies. I'll just wait for him here, he will come to me soon enough. My searching will not be wasted.

(The fading of the writing indicates that this entry was written quite some time later)

The sounds are getting worse, the beasts are sensing my weakness. For DAYS the damn things have been pounding on the piles of debris in the passage. I can hear the sounds at all times. Even Daedra must tire! I yell for the Dark Elf for help but he does not anwser. He must still be trapped in this hell

(This entry is even older then the last)
Her laughter echoes through my ears. I can see her in my nightmares, the few times I am able to sleep, her stone black hair and cold, soulless eyes. The things will be in here soon. By the Nine, how did I let my greed become my own prison?

(This entry is about as old as the one before)
Oh by the name of Stendarr. My dunmer friend is less fortunate then I thought. He appears to have tried to to make a escape through a broken wall on the top level. His face is covered in finger-nail like scratches and his chest has suffered numerous stabbing wounds. Has the women already gotten in? Where is the weapon? I must prepare myself. The food runs low even with the dunmer's joined supplies

(This appears to be written a long time after the previous entry)
So hungry. I may soon starve, but the statue helps me. The statue speaks to me. It tells me to reap the rewards of the enemies I have slain. The statue tells me not to be scared of whats to come. He is watching me. He tells me to prepare and regain my strength, so I must eat. I've always wondered if these elves tasted good.

(Much of this last entry is illegible or covered with blood and some other mysterious liquids)

Woman. Daedra. Still alive. Talks me. Statue lied. Scared.Got in. Dunmer.Red Eyes. Help. Flesh. I . Monster. Sick. Still talking. Sed.... Taunts. Beautiful. Ugly. Darkness. Mind. Darkness. Find it. Darkness. Surrounding. Blade. Its everywhere. Of (The next word is cut out rather crudely, right out of the paper). Zyphr....(The rest is scribblings and strange pictures of a beautiful woman and daedric looking characters you have never seen before)

<BR>

Oh and this hints too something Im adding to silgrad which I think is rather neat Big Grin
Not bad at all
but maybey change the dating system and run spell check

And about the script why not use BookGen
search for it on the site bellow
http://www.morrowind-mod.com/Modders%20R...lities.htm
Reeks with atmosphere!

- have to tread very carefully here because these are hand written by the 'victim'/explorer... so maybe incorrect spelling is necessary to portray the gradual diminishment and exhaustion of the NPC's resolve and mental capacity.

When you are ready just pm the dialogue and any notes you want to me and I will help you fine-tune - that's part of my job here, just as a texturer bungs on textures to the essential models - oh, and we can discuss whether you would want to keep the final details confidential until the release date of ST, or keep your work in the public eye...

After all, it will be fun for all of us to discover stuff we never knew existed when we come to play the finished game. I just feel sorry ;( for Quentin who gets the last word, because he we know all before release. Wink

If you want to see how I work then read 'Neilious's Dream' or 'Root of the Confusion' in Fan Fiction - even the highly talented Razorwing made use of the service! :]

'course, he also corrected my corrections sometimes to suit his style... Confusedhrug: What can I say? I am a tool, use me! :yes:
Sounds good, and on a note, I was going to fjork up the last few entries after showing it to you all, I kept it readable. But Im gonna do a bit of work and send it to you =)
Whitefox has posted a thread with artwork for a flying figure he has created, and that gave me a thought:

Quote:Fascinating movement. Suggest you contact Harikari who has a project involving a Daedric Seducer that he will be animating at a later date.

It does occur to me that there was a very sexy Daedra female with batwings in the Battlespire artwork (I did not finish the game as that comp had problems) but if you and Harikari were to put the expression from the face of his current model (which he is uncertain about) together with the Battlepire artwork, and you were to animate it you would have an award winning animation to go with the great quest he is designing.

I'll post this suggestion in his quest thread so that you both can consider it...

The reason I thought of your quest was a quality in the movement in his animation - and wings can be very seductive...

I realise that this would be a big change in the visual aspect of your creation, but I hope that you will have a look because if your styles and software can work together you might create more wonderful stuff.

The url of 'some model I made, his thread, is: Some model I made
Actually thats whats happening Big Grin

Whitefox is a good real friend of mine, and I have him making models for me.

Though he wont admit obedience

Oh, and have you finished working on this yet raggid?
Well I sent it back to you with a suggestion about choosing one character for the Diary, one for a last will and testament and the possibility of refining the 'appearance of the Deadric Seducer's intrusion' into the thoughts of her victims...

Right now, because so much content is still under wraps I feel that I should not be 'finishing quests' but rather encouraging you guys to input more.

Also the nature of the graphics you come up with will change lots of possibilities...
Wow, slow down. Layman terms
Let's see, I had the impression that your first rough had one victim writing the diary, and the second had the other victim writing it. It does not matter if I was mistaken because itinspired the idea that in the circumstance where there are 2 victims they might respond in similar but different ways.

- One wants to keep fighting no matter what and writes a diary both for himself, and for anyone who folows so that they will know what happens

- the other gives up and writes out his last will and testament

Now the Daedric Seducer seems almost to be able to invade the minds of her victims...so I thought that probably in the diary it might be an idea to distort what is written there so that there is the feeling that the writer is being forced into a split personality = schizo = not always aware of what he is writing...

Another idea you might consider is that the writer of the will might want to make sure that his last wishes are respected and totally omit to mention the Daedric Seducer. But the writer of the diary wants to let the whole world know...

This gives many possible endings to the quest in which the player either tries to cash in on the Will by going to the property owned by the NPC;

or the player decides to take the diary to the authority of your choice - with differing results;

or both:

To the Redoran = no chicanery = reward, but the Will is declared invalid due to insanity;

To the Hlallu = make a crooked deal for reward plus inheritance;

To the Telvanni = the Telvanni want to keep the seducer's existance a secret and study it...will they want the player to risk revealing it by presenting the will and having an investigation...

To the Imperials...military secret! We are at war! This must not get out, all documents confiscated.

Etc = lots of possible outcomes - think of a few more if you want Big Grin

Make sense? Do you like it?
I like it. But theres the fact Im trying to wrap this up for the morrowind release. im planning to exspand this quest for oblivion though.

=) Ill keep the warping of minds and split personalities in mind, but I think it would be best to keep things how they are for now. Do you still have both journals?
Pages: 1 2