Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Board Games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could make for some unique and interesting clutter. What do people think?

For that matter, what would Khajiit play?
I've heard references to a game called zahb. don't know anything else about it, but my guess its either a card game or a board game like Senet
As I've heard, "zahb" is the ta'agra word meaning game...
We should be able to pair it up with some other words to make games though..
The mancala family of "sowing" games has the right kind of feel - and since you play with pebbles or seeds or whatever there's no risk of losing the pieces.

If "zahb" is game - what's "seed" or "sowing" - 'spose that's tricky: the Kajiit are not really very agrarian are they?
Shev could be used as a word for seed. Shevith would be seeding (sowing) as a composite between Shev(seed) + ith (-ing suffix) compare Rawl (rain) and Rawlith (raining).

Shevzahb "seed game"
Righto - Shevzahb it is.

[Image: th_mancala2.jpg]

Most boards are stoneware in the dry regions; wood in the south. The gold board was a mistake: I had the alpha up waaay too high on the stoneware one's nomal map; but actually - maybe the Mane plays Shevzahb, you never know.

[Image: th_mancala1.jpg]

I didn't model in any chips - mostly you'd play with whatever was at hand. That would be part of the appeal of the game: you can't lose the pieces.

The pack includes nifs and dds files in (I think) the appropriate folders and a base esp with just the object definitions.

Hope you like it.
excellent work. its these types of things which make Elswyer unique. keep up the great work matey!
I would imagine Shevzahb is a quite an ancient game, and mainly played by the wise old cats of Elsweyr -and I would imagine the Mane would play it a fair amount, seeing as he probably gets bored in his Palace, not being able to move much.
Younger Khajiit probably think the game for senile fools, though they themselves are foolish and inpatient for not seeing the wisdom in such a game, which requires skill, tactics, and wisdom.