Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Vality7's map of Argonia as a painting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Awhile ago I saw Vality7's beautiful map of Argonia here on your forum. I immediately thought it would work well as a painting in an Argonian household, especially since Vality7 added a frame to the image. So I made a mesh for it, and I think it turned out quite nice. I attached an image.

The painting can be downloaded here.

I borrowed the rope and nail mesh/texture from Oblivion. The texture on the back piece is from Oblivion as well. All that needs to be done to hook it up is to move the "argonia.dds" to the folder you want it to be in and then change the texture links in the nif.

May I please use the map image in Silgrad Tower as well? Smile
Yeah! it looks really nice!!! Thanks, Razorwing
Yeah very nice!

Good god im learning how to use the CS and im about up to how to create your own object and own space, Ill learn soon enough and then rival Senten on Tribal Buildings :lmao: Big Grin I wonder what programs people use to build buildings....

And the CS is like playing Pacman for 4 months and never stopping, God people i envy you lot.
That map painting looks really good, Razorwing. Thanks for letting us use it!

Koniption
Quote:Originally posted by Lore_Naga
Ill learn soon enough and then rival Senten on Tribal Buildings :lmao: Big Grin I wonder what programs people use to build buildings...

Hahaha Big Grin

Im using Blender for modelling.

Anyways,this painting looks wonderfull!

`SN
Quote:Originally posted by Lore_Naga
And the CS is like playing Pacman for 4 months and never stopping, God people I envy you lot.

:lmao: Now you know how I feel when no one helps out with the modding.

FYI, we use Vality's map here: All Maps (REFERENCE ONLY - No Posting) . I'd meant to put it into a painting a long time ago but I must have missed it so thanks for saving me a job. And yes, feel free to use it for Silgrad Tower. The only problem I have with it is that the proportions aren't entirely accurate when compared with the actual grid map of the WS....one notable example is that Tenmar Wall is way out of position. In fact, it's the North that's the disproportionate area. The South looks fine.
Thanks for letting us use it. Smile

Ibsen's Ghost: I added a little distortion to the frame so that it doesn't look like a perfect rectangle. This is probably why the texture doesn't look exactly like Vality7's map image. I'd be happy to make an alternative version without the distortions, and will do that next time I'm working in 3D Studio Max.
Okay, thanks RW. I'm not sure when I can get to check this in-game though. I've got a lot on my plate right now... Smile