Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: NJRS0104 "Glok-Chuba" (Completed - barring clutter)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good news! I finished most of the exterior of Glok-Chuba today (the main part inside the stump), adding doors and some clutter. All of the architecture is now in place and I have provided access with the main BM worldspace. As yet, we don't have the stump model that provides the official access point. I will also need to add a little more clutter to the outside world. I haven't checked my work in-game yet (it's too late in the day) but I'm hoping to get some screenshots soon. Interior claims can be set up once I get the big archive update sorted. Thanks to Koniption again for the ace models! :goodjob:
Dang, that was fast....

KP
I don't mess around... =)

Welcome to Glok-Chuba. There is still a lot to do with it. One problem is that I really need to tone down the lighting. It's way too bright in there but it's very hard to tell in the CS which illuminates things deceptively little. There's also a strange quivering effect to the swamp water at times...and the edges in some parts of the main 'cave' interior model are a little crude in terms of edges and UV mapping but I'm trying to counteract that through careful placement of objects. Additionally, for some weird reason, the egg-like houses have acquired a kind of blue-ish tinge in the game....how did that happen? ?(

Screenshots:
  1. I'd hoped to have the PC fall from the stump entrance into the watery bathing area but found that I only ended up directly in the water without the plummeting effect. A shame because I liked that idea. Nevertheless, here's a house entrance underwater. The blobs you can see are animated warts that slowly pulsate.
  2. The inside of a Paatru egg-house with closed door.
  3. The inside of a Paatru egg-house with opened door.
  4. One of the cavernous areas with warts, oilplants and dripping mucous.
  5. More cavernous arches with goo and glowshrooms.
  6. One of KP's 'buger' houses stuck to the wall by mucoidal tendrils.
  7. More mucoidal 'buger' houses.
  8. One of my favourites, an 'anus-door' politely described as a 'larval orifice'.
  9. A 'glandular orifice' that lifts you into the next room of the 'buger' house (also known as a Paatru larvae house).
  10. The Gland-sac that offers entry to Glok-Chuba which will eventually be covered in water inside a giant tree stump.
    [/list=1]
Wow,that's very interesting!

Can't wait to try those Paatru stuffs,they'r just wonderful..

`SN
Yeah, it was hard to not have some crude UVMapped seams, what with the arches and all. I had to map those separately, among some other parts. Also the size of the model also makes seams more noticeable, I think. Don't know why the egg houses are blue-ish...it's probably the lighting you are using.

The pics look really cool, IG! Looks like a truly nasty habitat. Did you use the "4ceiling" gland door nif to attach to the cave's dipped ceiling part, from whence the player falls?

Koniption
Yes, I did. I think the blue-ish tinge might possibly be caused by the normal map. I'll have to check that out. As for the seams, I'm just going to try to cover them out however I can. You can't see the house interiors very well here but I love the look of the interior egg-houses....really nice! :yes:

Thanks for the support, Senten!
From the bsa thread:

Quote:Originally posted by Senten
Any pictures of Paatru tileset? I'm interested about this..

Here they are, Senten. You've seen them before!
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
From the bsa thread:

Quote:Originally posted by Senten
Any pictures of Paatru tileset? I'm interested about this..

Here they are, Senten. You've seen them before!

Oh sorry IG, you are correct Confusedlap:

but thanks! Smile
The latest shots of Glok-Chuba, from the entrance via the hollow log to the town's interior cell to the interior shots of the homes and out via the tunnels towards the watery exit back to the main worldspace.

The main interior needs to have its lighting reduced. It doesn't look very flattering here as it creates a quite gaudy effect. It will look a lot better with lower lighting, methinks.