Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Sidequest - The Courting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Implement it? Or not?

Quote://TES Oblivion - Valenwood Mod
//Sidequest: The Courting
//
//Author: dr.mc.coy
//Last Date of Change: 10/13/2009
//
//Date of Production:
//Time of Production:

NPCs: -Noroealle (working girl in the 'tavern')
-Guard A
-Guard B
CREATURES: Big Black Panther (fairly hard to kill)
COLLECTABLES: -Blue Tear (Flower)
-Red Tear (Flower)
-Yellow Tear (Flower)
-Crying Moon (Flower)
REWARDS: -25 gold + potion + spell (big reward A)
-poison + magic weapon (big reward B)
-potion (small reward A)
-10 gold (small reward B)

EXPECTED TIMEFRAME: 5-20 Minutes

Description:
While the Abecian Isles are crowded with patrolling guards to ensure the safety and regulation of the citizens life,
the player is able to whitness a developing conflict between two of the Bosmer hunters and a girl named 'Noroealle' who
works in the 'tavern' as a helping hand. Fate has bound the hearts of both guards to this girl, while she herself cannot
decide which one to turn to. Both guards will offer a great reward in order for the player to help them.

The player can now decide which guard to help. Once chosen a path, you are not able to change your mind again.
Guard A will beg you to kill a certain creature and bring him it's heart while telling Noroealle about the guards brave
fight. Guard B on the other hand will ask you to find certain seldom flowers growing on the Isles and along the riffs in
order to impress the girl.

In both cases, no matter who you decide to help, you are to undertake the final action by telling Noroealle about
the great deeds the guard has supposevly done for her. At this point, the player has the option to actually lie to
Noroealle in favor for the other guard. This leeds to a lots of options how this quest is to end:

A) You do the favor for guard A (killing the creature) and tell Noroealle the truth
>>Noroealle will refuse guard A and turn to guard B for she is not fond of killing for joy
>>Guard A will not reward you, guard B will give you a small reward nevertheless.

B) You do the favor for guard A (killing the creature) and lie to Noroealle
>>Noroealle will refuse guard B and turn to guard A for she is not fond of killing for joy
>>Guard A will reward and like you, Guard B will commit suicide shortly after

C) You do the favor for guard B (collecting the plants) and tell Noroealle the truth
>>Noroealle will hapilly decide for guard B
>>Guard B will give you the full reward, guard A will hate you

D) You do the favor for guard B (collecting the plants) and lie to Noroealle
>>Noroealle will decide for guard A
>>Guard A will give you a small reward, guard B will hate you, drown in his misery and commit suicide shortly after
I like it, simple quest line with complicated endings. Small tale of love. Do you want me to make some models. To make it more unique? I could do the flowers and maybe a weapon if you can think of a stylish idea? Although i have never implemented a weapon ingame (i did a bow one but the animation looked wrong).
That, be nice! The red, blue, yellow tears could be little flowers with accordingly colored blossoms. They will only appear once, twice at the max, ingame, placed at different locations all over the Isles. The moon tear should be some sort of underwater plant, placed at only very few riffs.

I would really appreciate a very ill looking panther model though. Full of rotting, open wounds and plague spots. Maybe red eyes or sth similar. It would also have to be way bigger than the other panthers, an abnormality. In Noroealle's eyes, this would make a poor, ill creature in need of help rather than one that needs a killing.

Only if you feel up to the Task though Smile
I'd appreciate a zipped Upload rather than an ESP for merging reasons.

Cheets, the Doc!
Great quest! Doc.
I like the multiple endings!

Windsurfer@ do you think you can make some new rocks meshes to make the isles even more unique.?
Senten released a modders resource a while ago which had a perfect mossy rock texture for the isles.
if you look closely at the retextured rocks you can see the texture.
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/images...663315.jpg
Link to resource:
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=25817
drmccoy - will see what i can do any plant pictures for a reference of the type of plant you are thinking? The panther retex should be fine.

simonp- Mate all the rocks are already unique? Well i suppose the meshes arn't but all the textures are?!
do you mean the rocks in the isles??
to me they seem pretty vanilla.
No, they aren't. It's a complete retex called 'mossy rock' . They might seem like vanilla but they sure all hell aren't Smile

As for a reference, I really didn't think of anything special. Be creative, it's up to you Smile
just make sure the three tears look fairly the same, only differing a little in shape and a lot in color

Cheets, the Doc!
Quote:Originally posted by simonp92
do you mean the rocks in the isles??
to me they seem pretty vanilla.
Umm the fact i made and applied the texture to each makes me pretty sure they are not. There is 3 types of custom rock textures on the island!

drmccoy - No worries i will get on it
Makes me happy to hear Smile
Did you manage to finish those flowers, windsurfer?