Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: New Team member
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, this is the new member Seedneeed.

I'am a begginer on construction set, I create interior, and exterior cells, and... Making NPCS, it takes me 1-5 hours to do one interior house.

Cannot do scripts, quests, dialogue, and mesh and texture making.
I am a beginner, but I'am sure you would want to use me in some occasions.

Later while working with you guys, I will obviously get better, and lear alot about modding, and will become more usefull.

Please give me a claim that is something to do with exterior, or interior making... Wink
First of all, I'd like to welcome you on the TES4 Valenwood Board. I myself think I'm not quite authorized to approve you as a full team member, but I guess windsurfer will take care of that matter.
Do you have anything done by you we can look at to get a better/closer idea of what you're capable of. I don't think there's much to make interior/exterior wise anyways. If you really would like to contribute, I suggest you read through the posts to get a good overview how things are going.

Cheers,
the Doc.
Allright, I currently got no plug-in files of what have done, I deleted the ones I did in the past because the computer needed space, now it's fine...

With pleasure, I will do a few exterior cells, and one interior, to see of what I am capiable of, this will take me a day- one I am done I will show you the attachment- wish me luck.
Good luck then, excited to see your work Smile
Yes!. Done it!. Big Grin

It is a little argonian style island, a swamp, with alyed ruins (with no interiors), a cave with it's interiors, pretty cool, eh?. (Suppose to be Topal Island).

To take a look yourself, open up my plug-in, search for "111mycaiabilitys111" in the worldspace list, and take a look, If you want to take a look while gameplay, load up your game, during gameplay, open up cheat mode and tye in "coc Topal" make sure not to save while on the island, otherwise you may never get back to cyrodiil again.

There is a waterfall (never created a waterfall before), a cave, alyed ruins (can't go inside), argonian camp, and many argonian foes... So, enjoy.

Allrighty then here it is. Smile
Well then, that was quite fast my friend. I didn't take a look at it ingame yet, but it's quite more than I expected. For a beginner, you have quite some talent there. I like your general layout. The island looks natural (even though a little 'flat' without a lot of noise on the ground, but I guess that's OK for a content created that fast) and the layout of the ruins looks very good too. Also your cave is very nice done, cluttered out logically but not too much. But it also lacks at certain points. The island itself looks a little sterile due to the lack of plants, there's only a few on there. Same goes for the cave. The lightning is also somewhat strange, ambient light is missing. There's no waypoints aswell.

To make a long story short. It's quite impressive if you think about the time in which you did it. But it also lacks of details, which again resembles your 'haste'. But if you take more time to create content and take a closer look at the detail, I think you can create very well exteriors and interiors.

I myself would suggest you to be hired, but we'll have to wait for windsurfer to stumble accros this thread and to make a decision. Problem also is that most of the graphic content as already been created.

But for now, I'm going to say: Well done!
Hey Seedneed and welcome to valenwood. I trust drmccoy opinion and believe you have some talent. Like he said though most of the exterior/interior work has been done. However I do have a job for you. Drmccoy can give you some more info but basically there is a cave which is part of the main quest. I have done the first level which involves a custom cave set. The second layer is an aylied ruin. Im not 100% how big drm wants it but it contains the wrecking stone.

You will first need to download our master file which contains all required to start:
Valenwood Files (ESM + ESP)

Its on this page. Just over half way down. The first half of the cave is there as an extra .esp (if you want a quick look). Load up the masterfile then make a dependent .esp which includes your part of the cave. Make sure you load the master (valenwoodisland.esm and not the .esp).

Hope i have explained that well enough and if you have any more questions please ask.

Drmccoy - BTW why is your profile pic of a girl?
It's Alessa from the movie Silent Hill, a movie which I came to admire a lot. Smile
I was getting too sick of my old one anyways...

Seedneed, you can start with the task windsurfer gave you. Take a look at the mainthreads to get a closer overview of what the cave should look like etc. Just digg around, you'll find it. It was mentioned quite often.
Don't make your work dependent on too much content though please, because everytime we update any .esp oder the master file, there's always the problem with compatiblity issues.

Other than that, happy modding, looking forward to see your work. But take your time please Smile
Big Grin Thank you, sorry about the hold-up I had a busy day, I'am pleased that I got a claim, I'll study on this cave on the posts, download the files, and I'll get busy, and I'll let you know when I'm done Wink.

:idea1:OH!, and by the way, I will take my time. :]
Quote:Originally posted by drmccoy
It's Alessa from the movie Silent Hill, a movie which I came to admire a lot. Smile
I was getting too sick of my old one anyways...
That girl is only 15?

Seedneed - cheers mate. Looking forward to seeing your work!!
Pages: 1 2