Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: [Bug Report] Bug Report # 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bug Report #2

This Bug Report has been constructed with the Valenwood ESM 1.6, Oblivion.ESM and the latest VWdrTheShip.ESP

Fixed Issues
  • More light under the heart coral has been placed.
  • The floating yellow coral before the heart coral has been fixed.
  • A journal entry concerning the quest "Sammanul's Progress" has been fixed.
  • The Lightorb and the pot next to Rindar's House are no longer floating.
  • More floating issues have been fixed.
  • The ladder on the outside of the inn leading upwards has been replaced, making it look more natural.
  • The painting of Chaidynhal in the Crazy-Mans-House has been removed.
  • Anruins spawn position has been slightly changed, even though he's not being spawned sticking in a building. This might help the issue of him appearing stuck.
  • The chieftains and shamans house now both have exterior and interior windows. If there's more interiors needing windows, a list would be nice.
  • Two floating bushes infront of the "Cave"-Interior have been fixed.
  • Most houses have been renamed huts, a spelling mistake concerning the chieftains hut has been fixed.
  • A lamp post on the large island near the rowboat is no longer floating.
  • 'Araqu'Thon' does now belong to Volus, so the player cannot freely take items from it.
  • The clipping problem concerning the bedrolls in Araqu'Thon has been fixed.
  • The floating area on the big rock (waterfall/med island) has been covered
  • A journal entry concerning "Sammanul's Progress' has been fixed.
  • A spelling mistake in Rindar's dialogue has been fixed.
  • All pots on the island are now owned by chief arannir, taking from it will be considered stealing.
  • A floating wooden ear near Betto Plotius hut has been fixed.
  • The floating red flower in the middle of the village has been fixed.
  • The weird unique dialogue from landorar has been removed.
  • Pot and leefs causing trouble in Rindars house have been removed
  • All Valenwood fishes are now dropping scales which have been accordingly named.

Issues that could not be fixed

Quote:http://s592.photobucket.com/albums/tt6/s...-54-35.jpg
I honestly have no idea where that's supposed to be.

Quote:Several floating items (look in my gallery) http://s592.photobucket.com/albums/tt6/s...Valenwood/
Are you telling me all 45 pictures in this galery contain floating items? It's like one of those "Where's Waldo" pictures. A red marker or something similar would be nice to see right away which item is floating Tongue Also, some of those pictures are taken in the nowhere and picutres of your current location aren't helping much either. When activating the console, you can click on the floating item, then you can enter getPos in the console to get global coordiantes. It would be nice if you posted them so the floating stuff can be identiefied more quickly without searching for hours. We've got more important stuff to do right now (mainquestline).

Quote:It is hard to explain, but when you go near the door you get to the roof of the boat (I don’t know if this is a model issue)
I cannot find any reason for this behaviour, can you record and upload this somehow?

Quote:Sammanul was not in “Rindars house”??? (I didn’t follow the quest marker, and then I got a journal update when I entered Rindars house; about Sammanul being in there, eating.)
Quote:When I have talked to sammanul. Volus didn’t show up. Later I found him between two trees in the village.
I was not able to see through these problems, everything seemed to be just fine on my testplay. If these problems keeps occuring, please inform me about it.

Further Discussion Needed

Landorar
This NPC lives in a hut on the main island. He was talking out-of-place content and does not really seem to have any real purpose. I'm hereby asking for approval to delete him, giving us space for more sensibly added NPCs.

The Heart Coral
Quote:The underwater breath spell will still continue after the heart coral has been picked up.
Why should it stop? It's a simple spell for underwater breathing and has nothing to do with a piece of coral I guess. I will leave it as it is for now, unless windsurfer decides against it.

Quote:The Heart Coral doesn't have an icon
Yes, it does. It simply wasn't included in the ESP you tested. It should be included in the latest Valenwood ESM (1.6) though.

Quote:The heart coral can be pickpocket from the shaman after her quest.
So? I like to keep things realistic. What stops you from taking it back? Unless she discovers your steeling, it's your call.

Quote:After I went for the heart coral, the shaman went back to her house, while I was in the water. Isn’t she supposed to stay on the beach?
Nope, she's not. I think she even tells you that you're on your own from now on, doesn't she? She's thinking that you're not going to make it after all, so why watch?

The Crazy Man
Quote:I have found an elven bow behind the crazy mans house, is this suppose to be there?
I have absolutely no idea. Windsurfer?

Quote:Everything in crazy mans house is owned by the player.
This will be easy to change once the NPC "Crazy Man" has been created.

The inside of the Crazy Mans Hut doesn't exactly look very professional done (eg: Lots of objects having the exactly same rotation, the same clutter models being used over and over again, etc.) I see the point in making it look completely messy, but by doing those mistakes, it's exactly the opposite. It looks quite steril to me. With the absence of an NPC called "Crazy Man" and no questline involved, I hereby suggest redoing this house.

a) Using it for a completely different thing (could be used as a place for another side quest?)
b) At least redoing the house and adding the "Crazy Man"

Miscellaneous

Quote:Remember to set the NPCs involved in side quest essential too.
I rather wouldn't. It's not essential to complete side quests in this game and mod, so NPCs concerning them will not be marked essential either. That's the way BethSoft held it and that's the way I'd hold it aswell. Besides, you're not supposed to go around killing anyways.

Quote:Sidequest "The Collector"
There's a sidequest called "The Collector" done by me years ago when I first joined this project. It asks you to get a certain book from the main land. Some people (including me) have come to find it a little bit strange. On the other hand, maybe there might be Bosmer with a "fetish" for outlandish books, who knows? So, question is: Should we keep this quest or not. Windsurfer?

Quote:Betto Plotius
This NPC has a house on the main island, but has not been created yet. As I tried to do so, I realized that this NPC already exists in the Vanila content, living in Leyawiin. Should we rename this NPC? Or is this a kind of easter egg or even wanted and not just a simple coincidence?

Quote:Merchants and Inns
We have several resemblences ingame concerning Rindar (a local merchant) and a big house, until now it's being treated as a tavern. We really need to make some final decisions about wether we keep them for comfort or redo them by sticking closer to the lore. Windsurfer?

Quote:LOD
The new terrain done by windsurfer looks great! Only question is, only the terrain is appearing, not the trees on it. This looks kind of stupid, and there has to be a way around, Oblivion managed to displays LOD trees aswell, right? Are you going to take on that aswell, windsurfer?

Final Words

A list with every interior on the island, including it's name in the editor, would be nice for organising things like "Lets call every House a Hut" or "All the houses on the islands need windows". Unfortunately, there's a lot of different ModIds, e.g. VWdr or Valenwood or VIC, so a list would be nice. Who's up for it?

Quote:We need to exteriors; the house across from the crazy mans house.(I cant remember if this is related to a quest) And the Big house in the village ( this could perhaps be either; Barracks (where the guards sleep and eat), a player owned house, (when the main quest is done.) or crealius’ house after he chooses to stay on the isles.

I hereby ask Windsurfers permission to start three claim threads (The two mentioned + a revision of the 'Crazy Mans Hut'

I'm currently testplaying one last time myself to get certain issues straightened out. After I'm done doing so, I will start to complete the questline. After that, a new ESP will be released, which you guys will have to testplay to the death, just so much as the final release, which will containt sidequests etc. We also still need to think about things like the indoor sounds (muffled jungle noises), our custom music aswell as a working map (the one we're using right now seems kindof not working).

Well, that's it for now. Thank you for your attention and have a good flight!
Cheers, Doc! :goodjob:
Mate epic post. Very impressed with you commitment!
Quote:http://s592.photobucket.com/albums/tt6/s...-54-35.jpg
Link broken

Quote:The underwater breath spell will still continue after the heart coral has been picked up.

Why should it stop? It's a simple spell for underwater breathing and has nothing to do with a piece of coral I guess. I will leave it as it is for now, unless windsurfer decides against it.
It should stay? Leave it.

Quote:The Heart Coral doesn't have an icon

Yes, it does. It simply wasn't included in the ESP you tested. It should be included in the latest Valenwood ESM (1.6) though.
I wasn't sent any icons so i havn't added it too the master?

Quote:I have found an elven bow behind the crazy mans house, is this suppose to be there?

I have absolutely no idea. Windsurfer?
That was me when testing along time ago. Its the custom bow model i made. The animations dont quite fit so i forgot about it. Please delete!

Quote:Sidequest "The Collector"

There's a sidequest called "The Collector" done by me years ago when I first joined this project. It asks you to get a certain book from the main land. Some people (including me) have come to find it a little bit strange. On the other hand, maybe there might be Bosmer with a "fetish" for outlandish books, who knows? So, question is: Should we keep this quest or not. Windsurfer?

I have never played it. It was at the time when quests were needed for the mod. The player cant leave the island until the main quest is done anyway. Not sure just leave it for the moment?

Quote:Betto Plotius

This NPC has a house on the main island, but has not been created yet. As I tried to do so, I realized that this NPC already exists in the Vanila content, living in Leyawiin. Should we rename this NPC? Or is this a kind of easter egg or even wanted and not just a simple coincidence?

No idea mate. Well just change her name unless we can think of a easter egg?

Quote:Merchants and Inns

We have several resemblences ingame concerning Rindar (a local merchant) and a big house, until now it's being treated as a tavern. We really need to make some final decisions about wether we keep them for comfort or redo them by sticking closer to the lore. Windsurfer?

I dont understand the question. Are you talking about the final interior which is yet to be completed?

Quote:quote:
LOD

The new terrain done by windsurfer looks great! Only question is, only the terrain is appearing, not the trees on it. This looks kind of stupid, and there has to be a way around, Oblivion managed to displays LOD trees aswell, right? Are you going to take on that aswell, windsurfer?

It works fine without your .esp try just the master .esp. It just needs re-updating. In the Construction Set, go to World --> World Testing --> Update Distant LOD Data. Hopefully it will work. I also started making distance buildings aswell but gave you the master before i fully completed that.

Quote:A list with every interior on the island, including it's name in the editor, would be nice for organising things like "Lets call every House a Hut" or "All the houses on the islands need windows". Unfortunately, there's a lot of different ModIds, e.g. VWdr or Valenwood or VIC, so a list would be nice. Who's up for it?

If you open up the FORMID tab up in the interior section (its the hidden one). And press it then it puts all the interiors in order of creation. All of the mods interiors are therefore placed at the bottom.

Quote:quote:
We need to exteriors; the house across from the crazy mans house.(I cant remember if this is related to a quest) And the Big house in the village ( this could perhaps be either; Barracks (where the guards sleep and eat), a player owned house, (when the main quest is done.) or crealius’ house after he chooses to stay on the isles.

I hereby ask Windsurfers permission to start three claim threads (The two mentioned + a revision of the 'Crazy Mans Hut'
Granted. We never made a decision on the big house. I like the sound of all 3 options. The player can always live in the rented room. doc if possible could you make it rentable. Any thoughts people on what the large house should be?

Quote:We also still need to think about things like the indoor sounds (muffled jungle noises), our custom music aswell as a working map (the one we're using right now seems kindof not working).

I recon i can get on that unless someone already has some sound editing software? I tried to get the map working just before i sent you the master. I found a tut which involved HEX editing. I got so far but couldn't find the part i needed to edit. I forgot about it since then.
Thanks doc.
im sorry if you dont understand what i mean when im writing. :goodjob:
>>Simon
No problem mate, I didn't mean any offense by writing that post. In fact, I have to thank you for testing throughly and offering me such a detailed report Smile

>>Windsurfer
Quote:Link broken
I know, I have dugg up your original post which led to a picture taken out in the jungle, I still have no clue where that's supposed to be. It's quite difficult finding a certain spot captured ingame in the editor Tongue

Quote: I wasn't sent any icons so I havn't added it too the master?
Senten made it a while ago and sent it to me. I thought it was uploaded somewhere here on the web. I'm not home at the moment, but once I get there, I can upload it again aswell.

Quote: It works fine without your .esp try just the master .esp. It just needs re-updating. In the Construction Set, go to World --> World Testing --> Update Distant LOD Data. Hopefully it will work. I also started making distance buildings aswell but gave you the master before I fully completed that.
Alright, so I guess if I update that, it'll not be of any use after all since there are newer versions of the ESM that'll come out anyways. I guess I'll just do nothing about it and leave the whole LOD thing to you (I have honestly no idea how that works anyways ^^) (btw: did you do any landscape editing? In small terms or anything? The whole waypoint system was fucked up on the island and I have no idea how to repair it, since it should actually work. I will have to take a closer look at that tonight...)

Quote:Granted. We never made a decision on the big house. I like the sound of all 3 options. The player can always live in the rented room. doc if possible could you make it rentable. Any thoughts people on what the large house should be?
Alright. I will do the crazy mans hut myself for implementation reasons, I will open up claim threads tonight for the other two places. I vote for a barrack for the hunters to sleep in Wink

Quote:I dont understand the question. Are you talking about the final interior which is yet to be completed?
I'm talking about the Water Drake Tavern. We have discussed that matter a while ago, coming to the solution that a tavern wouldn't exactly make a lot of sense on the Isles, same goes for a merchant (Rindar). Still, both of those offer a lot of comfort to the game (resting, trading, selling, etc...) and I was asking wether we should stick close to the lore which actually somehow forbids these etablisments on the Isles, or if we should stick to comfort and leave them as they are (keep a tavern and a trader on the Isles).

Quote:It should stay? Leave it.
Quote:That was me when testing along time ago. Its the custom bow model I made. The animations dont quite fit so I forgot about it. Please delete!
Quote:I have never played it. It was at the time when quests were needed for the mod. The player cant leave the island until the main quest is done anyway. Not sure just leave it for the moment?
Quote: No idea mate. Well just change her name unless we can think of a easter egg?

Done!

Thanks for your clue with the FORMID. It would be great if you could do the sounds and get the map working, but don't haste. I guess we will need plenty of time still anyways to get that damn thing released. Smile

Cheers, the doc.

PS: I have made the panthers on the island WAY weaker, they have been pretty strong and actually killed some hunters that strolled the Isles. I am also playing with the thought of only letting the guards patrol around the big village. For a) you could have them work in shifts and let them sleep and eat for realism b) they won't wander the isles for no specific reason, killing creatures that are acutally destined for the player to kill and won't get themselves killed either Tongue