Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Tsaesci Religion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Originally posted by The Old Ye Bard
They aren't vampires, they are described as 'vampiric' as a characteristic, given they 'eat'/assimilate others/other races, and most likely have similar physical properties to vampires (such as fangs).
Sorry, wish you were right, but look here, middle of this page: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore_talk:Tsaesci. In short: 'Michael Kirkbride, the inventor of the Tsaesci' stated "Immortal. Vampire. Snakemen."

Like in the so called 'real' history, this of course can change with the next release Wink. Or Bethesda drowns whole Akavir continent like Yokuda or lets a giant rock crash into it like in Morrowind in the Infernal novel. :lmao:
Quote:Originally posted by Auryga
They aren't vampires, they are described as 'vampiric' as a characteristic, given they 'eat'/assimilate others/other races, and most likely have similar physical properties to vampires (such as fangs).
Sorry, wish you were right, but look here, middle of this page: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore_talk:Tsaesci. In short: 'Michael Kirkbride, the inventor of the Tsaesci' stated "Immortal. Vampire. Snakemen."

Like in the so called 'real' history, this of course can change with the next release Wink. Or Bethesda drowns whole Akavir continent like Yokuda or lets a giant rock crash into it like in Morrowind in the Infernal novel. :lmao:

And sorry to you, because you don't know how MK posts, he does this from time to time to 'confuse' myth (and thus make it more mythically), for example with Morihaus "He's a bull, with wings." (while it's been resolved he was actually a man, a bull, and a bull with wings all at the same time), and then again with the Sunbirds "They're not ships, they're actual birds. Well, okay, really big birds made out of the sun." (which in itself hints at them being more than birds, being artificial and created out of the sun, which in itself is impossible, because the sun isn't a sun, it's a hole).
It's just what he does to spark more discussions (to take the metaphorical, and then also have it as literal).

If you break it down, be definition, the Tsaesci are 'vampires', their population 'grows' by assimilating more into the Akaviri culture, and most likely need to do so (due to their relegion), and they have fangs -but in the traditional Tamrielic sense, they aren't vampires, they weren't created by Molag Bal, they aren't affected by Sunlight (or it would have been mentioned in the 2920 series), and Tsaesci are born Tsaesci, from eggs.
And sorry to you, because you don't know how MK posts, he does this from time to time to 'confuse' myth (and thus make it more mythically)
Definitly I don't know about this, been in the forums for only about 2 years. As Bethesda has no forum archive there's most often no way to read the original posts.

So this MK is no reliable source? Good to hear, because that could mean the 'snake' part of the description is a metaphore too.

But that's not part of the religion, should be discussed elsewhere.
Quote:Originally posted by Auryga
And sorry to you, because you don't know how MK posts, he does this from time to time to 'confuse' myth (and thus make it more mythically)
Definitly I don't know about this, been in the forums for only about 2 years. As Bethesda has no forum archive there's most often no way to read the original posts.

So this MK is no reliable source? Good to hear, because that could mean the 'snake' part of the description is a metaphore too.

But that's not part of the religion, should be discussed elsewhere.

MK is only a reliable source when you're referencing the texts he's published on the forums, of which most TES Metaphisics and Cosmology revolves around, and almost always come up in the games, either presently, or later on.

And the Snake part of the description is literal and correct, read the 2920 series also:

"There are very old warriors, survivors of Uriel V's ill-fated invasion, and they told me what they saw. I stand by my descriptions that the Akavir Potentates were serpentine, not only in temperament, but in physical appearance. Even if I did not have witnesses, there are too many descriptions of them as snakes to assume that all writers used the same metaphor. There is much in Redguard history which suggests ancient connections to the Tsaesci as well. Not only are many of the greatest heroes clearly influenced by Akaviri as well as Redguard culture - Gaiden Shinji, for example - But the whole cult of Satakal and the dungeon called Fang Lair... It is too coincidental. We are a rare generation in Tamriel, when few of us have seen any denizen of Akavir. I suspect that we're lucky in that. The Maormer are a minor race, and don't interest me at all. " Carlovac Townway (Ted Peterson, in an incharacter interview).
And the Snake part of the description is literal and correct, read the 2920 series ...
Shame on me, read this only a day or two before, but didn't sense this. Thanks for the info!
TOYB is one of the people we have on board to help us keep in line with what there is in lore. Very few people have the patience to keep up with what is actually there and what others are making up.

Deeza is pretty darn good at this too. DA, if he is still around is another expert.

Lady Nerevar does a pretty good job of keeping us on our toes.

I hope I'm not accidentally leaving anyone out.

Since I do not spend much time with the other projects here, I do not know everyone, but I'm sure there are others too.
Knowledge is power.
Pages: 1 2