Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: PLRL0110 "The Parchlands: Midlands" (Completed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Official 'Black Marsh' Landscape Claim for Parchlands Region #10: Midlands

[/HR]

Parchlands: Midlands
AVAILABILITY: Completed by Ibsen's Ghost

[/HR]

[Image: LandscapeClaims-ParchlandsSouthRegi.jpg]

[Image: MidParchlands.jpg]

NB: All the light green cells in the picture must be modded plus any other cells that have been added that use the Parchlands assets. Take note that the x co-ordinates in this region (the numbers along the top) are all minus values as well as all of the y co-ordinates (the numbers along the side). Therefore, -27,-16 is the cell in the North-Western tip of the claim and -18,-22 is the cell in the South-Eastern tip.

[/HR]

Description & Details

[/HR]

This area of the Black Marsh: Parchlands Region contains what used to be farmland that has now been abandoned. Due to the intensive farming of the Imperials and other invading races, this region has been left somewhat arid and starved of the sort of abundant life that populates most other regions of the Black Marsh.

However, it's threat level remains the same in some parts as creatures roam back and forth through the driest areas of the country, some of them favouring the hot sun of the area.

The long-forgotten bastion of Chasepoint squats to the East, gradually rotting into the more watery Darkmoor region and trying to stave off the heat with its high walls. Meanwhile, to the East lies a hermit's lodge that looks over the Garden of the Autarch and the ancient ruins of Mannatyr, the only Ayleid (as opposed to Barsaebic) ruin to exist in the Black Marsh.

Chicken-like lizards will be found here, that perhaps can be tamed and used as mounts but there are several dangerous creatures besides. Another entrance to Mannatyr could be created on the shore near to the Garden of the Autarch. It is also likely that there is a dead rootworm baking in the hot sun on the Northern fringes and/or a cave somewhere on the Southern fringes.

This claim is quite well generated and most of the work involves resetting the zebra Bromeliads and corn plants whilst cutting down on the number of desert rose plants whilst creating more various versions of them. Palmetto trees should also be checked for clipping whilst some more parched soil textures can be used occasionally in combination with dead tree stumps, some of which would benefit from having logs placed nearby. Other than this, it is entirely a case of setting up locations such as the dead rootworm and a possible cave.

[/HR]

At-a-glance Details

[/HR]

Region: Parchlands
Cell count: 70 approx.
Exterior cell coordinates:
SW Corner = -28,-22
NW Corner = -27,-16
SE Corner = -18,-22
NE Corner = -17,-16
Claim Size & Difficulty: Small. Quite easy.
Inhabitants: Mainly Argonians but perhaps some Sload.
Settlements in area: Chasepoint - please do not affect the cells designed for these settlement without notifiying a core member of your actions.
General Info: Please maintain contact about your modding on this thread but, above all, keep posting updates by adding v1, v2, v3 etc. to the end of your files.Take note that any esps submitted must begin with BM followed by your modder initials. For me, this is BMIG (IG for Ibsen's Ghost). Then submit your final claim to this thread: Latest esm and esp updates .

[/HR]

Modding Directions

[/HR]

Download the latest bsa details here: Black Marsh Resources: Latest bsa .

Your first task is to make sure that the flora and trees are not floating above the ground or have any edges of the models showing.

You may alter the height map as you wish but please bear in mind that this may affect other cells and the positioning of flora and trees as you will need to alter these accordingly. You are welcome to delete objects and there are recommendations on what to add below but please bear in mind that doing so means that you will probably have to add or delete vertex shading and make appropriate choices for texturing using the surrounding texture palette.

Your main task, however, is to abolish clipping. Please bear in mind that the coral reef inside the Garden of the Autarch is already complete BUT there may be another small entrance along the coastline. Chasepoint has also been modified but at the time of writing, the work by Xaeaix has not been merged. Please contact me with any questions on this.

[/HR]

Modding Directions: What to add

[/HR]

Textures - Please use the existing PL textures. When near to the borders with other claims, please make sure that there is a smooth transition. Otherwise, please keep to the sort of patterns that you see in the generated landscape. It's best to use non-grass textures around flora and rock objects to prevent grass peeping through objects!

Clutter and Flora - Much of the flora has already been added through region generation but you may decorate with the following rocks and flora: Desert Rose, Pineapple Plant, Corn Plant, Sugar Cane, Zebra Bromeliads, any coral rocks and coral flora in the sea, sea urchins (in the sea), along with a few other options as detailed here: Flora Distribution .

You will find these under the Flora\blackmarsh folder or the Static\Flora\blackmarsh folder (in the case of the Bromeliads, for example). You will also find the fossil logs under Static\Environment.

It is only recommended to make use of the large variety of Parchlands rocks under the blackmarsh\rocks\Parchlands folder.

Trees - Not much needs to be done with the trees. Just check that there are enough Hala trees in the parched areas and palm trees around the little pools. You can add small waterfalls to create an oasis, if desired.

TIP: When modding, you can use Ctrl-D when you find a model you wish to duplicate and then drag it out and position it where you see fit. Don't forget to vertex shade the bases when you do this though.

Otherwise, ask if you'd like to use any other models or textures. I'm sure you'll make sensible choices but it would be best to check that out by posting screenshots or offering a suggestion in this thread.

[/HR]

Settlements and Dungeons

[/HR]

The best part of landscape claims that I enjoy the most are modding the dungeons. Mannatyr may require another entrance and there is room for a dead rootworm (preferably along the Northern fringes) and possibly a cave (preferably along the Southern fringes). Please ask regarding anything specific if you have an idea.

All such dungeons can be decorated with appropriate clutter or you can leave this to the dungeon modder themselves. Please note that it should be your responsibility to post up dungeon claims once the landscape claim has been submitted. Please see the core about acquiring a claims template (that which is normally written in these threads) when you wish to do so.

[/HR]

Important Notice and Technical Information

[/HR]

If you decide to add a lot of one particular model, please notify on this thread the rough proportions of the extra models that you add so that it is easier for the next person who takes a landscape claim to work with you and maintain a degree of uniformity to the landscape. For example, tell us roughly how many of Koniption's zebra bromeliads you are using per cell.

For extra help, please take a look at sandor's excellent claims descriptions on the ST site here: SHRAC05 "Steadhelm Region Area Claim" [Claimed] , particularly in the 'Technical Info' section.

Above all, make if fun for the player and have fun with the claim yourself! Wink
I started work on this claim. :check:
I'm almost halfway through the cells in this claim already. The Parchlands claims aren't so bad to mod.... Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
I'm almost halfway through the cells in this claim already. The Parchlands claims aren't so bad to mod.... Smile

Yay! Big Grin

Koniption
Thanks, KP. I appreciate a little feedback. Grunt work gets you down.... Smile
Fantastic work you've been doing recently. With you on landscaping, me on interiors, Xae on music and KP on modeling, we should get this done pretty soon...
Yes, it's good having a highly proficient team around you.... =)

FYI, I'll skip back and forth between this and sorting out the new regions. Parchlands landscaping is easy but tedious so it breaks it up a bit.
I just got past Chasepoint and have about 15 cells to go of this claim. Smile
That doesn't sound too bad.
Okay, I'm all done. This claim is complete. :check:
Pages: 1 2