Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Worldmass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well it's done. I have finally finished the region editing. It is to the point where it can easily edited. Right now it isn't anything special, just a few regions. I, personally, have had my fill of world-building (vista+CS=not happy me). I will upload what I have tomorrow. I will also upload a fixed version of my Akaviri Tile Set, I am sure that with already released resources we can really put a dent in this world. I am out of my element here, I just want to get past this time of no progress. The question is who wants to work on what city etc. I can say I am not interested with messing with the CS anymore.
cool :goodjob: I'm not too good with the CS either as it always somehow leads to the BSOD, or in my case, green screen of death(I've no idea why its green and not blue o.o). Luckily my computer didn't come with Vista. I tried using a comp that had vista on it and quickly found it was a completely different animal.
My real frustration with vista is that I can't edit dialogue without it crashing, that virtually prevents me from making a lot of the kind of mods I am interested in.
i'll go through the esp and see if theres anything i can improve. in the mean time, you can go back to modelling corthian. the cs can be a temperamental piece of s*#t for vista users hence i purposely stayed on XP for my main computer. I believe theres a way to partition your computer so that it can have both OS's.

Anyway, i'm curious as to how you've dealt with region editing. I sent Shivertail a bunch of Ra's work a while back and i'm not sure if they ever got sent to anyone else. they included an array of bamboo speedtree models.
You can easily improve it. Due to CS frustrations the right now the file is contain by three ESMs. I am aware this is not ideal, the problem is that I have been unable to merge them. I am going to try to merge them one last time before uploading them.

Edit:

Okay I just walked a bit around in the game, and it actually turned out pretty good. We just need to build the cities, and stuff. I think we can pull a few dungeons off of TesNexus to fill up a few places, than we need to set spawn points, and then quests.

Here is the download, Akavir.

Keep in mind this is not the finished landmass, it still needs a little landscaping. We just need to get working.
woohee... its a bit bigger than a quad (64x64 cells). I noticed you separated the regions into smaller sector which helps in generating and changing. 1 issue with irregular shaped regions is that regions dont blend very well, often resulting in textures being jagged solid pieces instead of a gradual change. I have no ideas how other modders deal with this issue.

Anyway, should we get things up and rolling, i think after we start building, we may get an idea of how to shape landscape features, vegetation etc.

Now if only someone had a clue how to organise this.

EDIT: The topography is going to change quite heavily. I found a near 90 degree fall into the ocean, a supposed river with again, insanely steep wall, hills with steps instead of slopes and a giant hole in the land possibly caused by lack of lod?

I suppose its okay if i go ahead and smooth and diversify the land?
Go for it.
There's a bit of an issue when i try to edit the heightmap. Is the top part of the island on a different quad? or does it suddenly stop at the edge? I try moving up and the heightmap is completely cut off at the border.

[Image: akavir_cutoffmap.jpg]

For comparison, heres the original heightmap and the new one. Its not much but I did some smoothing and erosion effects. The yellow is aptly colored for beach heights, light blue is shallow water, etc. Before, things were just too steep and sudden.

=Original=
[Image: akavir_hmoriginal.jpg]

=New=
[Image: akavir_hmNew1.jpg]

EDIT: And if you guys are wondering, its bigger than the Shivering Isles which may be a major issue Considering SI is about 1/4 cyrodiil, elsweyr is smaller than that. SO i'm estimating just under a 1/3 of cyrodiil.
That looks fantastic!

Don't worry about the size. We will work on the cities and fill in from there. We might even get quest between cities before we touch a lot of the wilderness. Here I was thinking it might be too small.
Here's my final heightmap revision-

[Image: akavir_hmFINAL.jpg]

[Image: akavir_HM.jpg]

I had to stretch out the beaches a fair bit. But i suppose realistically, not every coastline is a beach but its easier to destroy beaches than make them. Any other small features can be hand editted to suit.

Any other suggestions? i'll re-generate the regions but only after this has been approved or finalized. Regeion gen takes a lot of time.

And also, the heightmap cutoff at the top is still an issue. I dont know how to fix it.
Pages: 1 2