Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis0405 "Book shop" [Old discussion Auraya]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please may I claim this - I have never tried NPC AI before but would love to give it a try Big Grin

Any other details about the place I should know about?

I guess the owner of the book store lives in the same interior? and are there any specific books I can and cannot use?

Thanks, Auraya

EDIT - Whats with the bonfire behind my bookstore lol?!
Quote:Originally posted by Auraya
Please may I claim this - I have never tried NPC AI before but would love to give it a try Big Grin

Any other details about the place I should know about?

I guess the owner of the book store lives in the same interior? and are there any specific books I can and cannot use?

Thanks, Auraya

EDIT - Whats with the bonfire behind my bookstore lol?!

Absolutely :check:

It would be great if you didn't use any of Bethesda's books. Books from the StBook1Cheap and StBook1Religious categories should make up the meat of your store's inventory, with a healthy selection of StBook2Common and StBook2Religious to boot. Since it's a store you can use stuff from the StBook3Rare category as well; they're categorized as rare because for the most part they're from the Daggerfall game, so it doesn't make sense for most NPCs in our mod to own them, but a store could have them. And finally you could have one or two of the unused skillgiving books tucked away in an inconspicious corner (or some-such) Big Grin

So, if we assume there are three main categories of books then I think a good rule of thumb could be that 60% of the books you place should be from the "1" category, 30% from the "2" category and 10% from the "3" category.

Yes it would be a good idea if the owner of the bookstore also lived in it, perhaps with the store in the main 'dome' and a living area in the basement. It might be a good idea to set up the interior to be two cell loads, because I have a feeling the many books will soak up a lot of computer resources. Unlike Oblivion we use custom book covers on most books, which we borrowed from a Morrowind mod.

The bonfire plays a part in a quest unrelated to the bookstore. Smile
Okies Big Grin from what i remember in Ald Rhun (in TES3) there was a bookstore but they had a door from the lower floor going to a living area instead of a trapdoor using a similar model of the building - either way ill think of something Big Grin

On another note: I manged to get my 20kb download speed for the BSA's right upto around 300kb max lol. Its amazing when you learn how to use good download manager to its potential Big Grin

EDIT: For any living areas and on bookshelves between books etc etc... What kind of class should i use? Middle/Upper Class - Redware etc?
I'm glad the download is going well Smile

EDIT: For any living areas and on bookshelves between books etc etc... What kind of class should I use? Middle/Upper Class - Redware etc?

Middle- and lowerclass Dunmer objects would work, I think. The upperclass Dunmer stuff is more suited for nobles, unlike Oblivion's upperclass stuff which seems to be geared toward upper middle class and higher.
Sounds good =)

Trying to get used to the CS again, and finding good shelves etc... so far not much luck as they all look very imperial city like, do we have any ST Shelves? Bookcases etc?

Also looking for a kindof counter for the owner to stand behind, if that doesnt work ill let her walk around and sell the goods lol.
Sounds good =)

Trying to get used to the CS again, and finding good shelves etc... so far not much luck as they all look very imperial city like, do we have any ST Shelves? Bookcases etc?

Also looking for a kindof counter for the owner to stand behind, if that doesnt work ill let her walk around and sell the goods lol.

I believe you might find something under Static>St>Funiture>Redoran.
You should find counters listed under Static > ST > Furniture > Dunmer > Bar Smile