Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: BWRI0303 "Gideon: Serpentine Emmanuel" (Completed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Official 'Black Marsh' Interior Claim: Serpentine Emmanuel

[/HR]

Serpentine Emmanuel
AVAILABILITY: Completed by Deeza

[/HR]

[Image: GideonSouth04.jpg]
[Image: GideonLower03.jpg]

(Please excuse the unattractive CS screenshots.)

[/HR]

Description & Details

[/HR]

Often treated by some as a sort of Imperial capital of Black Marsh, Gideon's history is much more diverse and interesting. In fact, it has passed through many hands during its long history and it's citizens are inured to hardship and rebellion. Gideon derives its power from its location, being the ideal gateway between Cyrodiil and Argonia. Naturally, such power attracts many unsavoury characters who all vie for control over it.

The Scorpion Pass, once known as the Dorsza Pass, used to be part of Blackwood until the Imperials ravaged the land and it became known as the Parchlands. Castle Giovesse lies just outside the main walls of the city to the North and was, at various times, used as a residential area before falling into ruin after an uprising and being used as a prison and thereafter becoming completely abandoned. In terms of architecture, the most clear features of Gideon are the ancient buildings such as the mausoleum and the church, both of which offer a more gothic feel. These were originally built by the missionaries that later settled in Stormhold but left under the threat of violence and the fear of arcane 'marsh magicks'. Then there's the watchtowers, built a little later as a means to watch over the increasing threat of the Shadowscales from which Cyrodiil's Dark Brotherhood is derived. These were a previous governor's answer to the vicious street life of Gideon where back-stabbing and murder were commonplace during the city's struggles and the Shadowscales trade threatened to tear the city apart.

At one time, the Shadowscales themselves came under threat by foreign governing forces who sought to control them but it was rapidly proven that you could not fight fire with fire and this led to many notable nights of slaughter throughout the city featuring upper, middle and lower classes alike. Now the city maintains an uneasy peace, surrendering its Imperial principles to slum districts that it sought to contain. The notorious brothel itself is part-managed by the governor and no one ever talks about the Shadowscales in public. Whilst Stormhold is riddled with disease and Soulrest may be a den of thieves and vagabonds, Gideon can be most deadly at night. The local Argonians seem to play on this fear, making it a part of their culture, and inviting carnival acts to play in the street, performing twisted plays for the citizen's cruel and bitter humour. Moreover, something haunts the undercity and even Imperial influence has fled to the nearby farming town of Rock Guard which provides the city with much of its provisions.

This interior claim contains the interior of the notorious 'Serpentine Emmanuel', inspiration for the popular 'Lusty Argonian Maid' books and site of innumerable iniquities that make the fiction far, far tamer than fact. Way back in its past, the Emmanuel is a sign of the disgraceful failure of Cyrodiil's code of honour as, despite the Empire's distaste for slavery, it nonetheless selfishly consented to the sexual subjection of Argonian females to the 'exotic parlour' tastes of hard-bitten Legionnaires.

Now, the Emmanuel is part-governed by Gideon's ruler, who seeks to control the mass corruption in the city, yet it is still a shrine to everything that is low and base. It's owner, however, is now an Argonian and a man who is tolerated more than accepted by the citizens. His name is 'Slithers-whilst-wet' and, though scorned by his kinsmen, is nonetheless honest and demonstrates concern for his 'slitherware'. The 'brothel' element of this claim will require scripts that help to revive attributes lost to disease and the like but will nonetheless function similarly to an Inn with PCs booking rooms according to their pleasures or requirements. NPCs, with dialogue, will be required for the 'slitherware' itself.

[/HR]

At-a-glance Details

[/HR]
Interior Name: 1BMIGGideonHouseLower03
Region: Blackwood
Settlement: Gideon
Architecture: Gideon SI Slum
Exterior cell coordinates: (-27,-2 of the BlackMarshesGideonChildWS)
Claim Size & Difficulty: Easy-Medium.
Inhabitants: Slithers-Whilst-Wet and the 'slitherware' has not been created yet.
Mission Connections: None as yet.
NPCs: 1. The NPC must have (full) dialogue and AI. Please choose an appropriate race (this can be discussed, if needs be). Don't forget the pathgrid for them. The NPC is already named but you may change the name if necessary, so please discuss this and other details in the claims discussion thread ('General Info' below). Here is JK's tutorial on dialogue: Dialogue Tutorial .
General Info: Please keep up to date on associated topics in the: Claims Discussion Forums .

[/HR]

How to mod your interior

Interior modding carries with it the same responsibilities as it does on our father project, Silgrad Tower. This means that there will need to be NPCs, Containers, Lighting etc. For a really nice checklist that is very, very thorough, try this one from Zurke: A handy checklist to create an interior for ST . Zurke is the most experienced and prolific interior modder I know of so it's all good advice.

[/HR]

Cluttering your Interior

This, like many of our claims, is a mini-claim which means that you can use the existing vanilla layout or delete everything in there and start over. However, whichever method you choose, you will need to bear in mind the need to replace many of the vanilla items with our own BM objects (whichever are appropriate to the owner and the purpose of the building). For more information about mini-claims, read this: Interiors Strategy .

Please try to use the BM objects as much as possible. And try to consider the story behind the owner of the house (which you may adapt unless stated) and add clutter as appropriate to them and the particular locations. This might include foodstuffs, flora, cutlery, paintings, tribal items, custom furniture, bedding and maybe a desk if this interior involves using the NPC as a trader. There are now LOTS of cultural objects for Argonian dwellings including cupboards, rootchairs and so on but other races can use some of our own items too, especially race-neutral objects such as cutlery, ingredients and books. Please ask or check this thread to find out more: Clutter Advice .

Please remember to light the area. Imperial lighting should mainly be used in Gideon and we have few lighting options that are especially unique so please consider SI lights as well if they fit with the interior. If you have any further suggestions, requests for models and so on then please consult this thread: Furnitures & Clutters or this one: http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=11447. Just ask if you have any special ideas for extra models.

Have fun! :goodjob:
I'm going to claim the basic layout for this, although the scripting and so on would have to be done by someone else. At some point we also need to discuss how we're going to do this (I'd like to avoid this mod ending up being "restricted" on TESnexus if possible, as that would unnecessarily limit access). I think we should follow Morrowind's example for this (establishments like this were there, but it wasn't immediately obvious either Big Grin )
BASIC PLACEMENT COMPLETED.
Thanks Deeza. We'll be taking another look at this and, in the meantime, count it as a scripting claim.

Until we have decided how to go about this interior and have a scripter then I'll mark this claim as a WiP. :check:
OK, sounds good. It will be in the next file I submit for merging. :check:
This interior is finished, save for scripting. I suggest that we archive the interior claim and open a new AI claim, so as to keep this board clean.
I'm going to just post up here that I've read this but I'll need to open up the AI claim later and this post is to remind me to do just that. If I forget, give me a nudge.
Fair enough. :check:
Bump to remind you this claim is finished except for scripting, so it belongs in the scripting task thread, not here.
Noted, claim produced and archived. :check: