Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: concept art
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
post up concept art...
heres some Dres Warrior concepts
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/5455/dresguard17vi.png
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/8448/...rd26kr.png
http://img287.imageshack.us/img287/7789/...rd43nf.png

they go in order except that this one below was the third...
[Image: dresguard32dg.png]
Here is what I was kinda thinking for the new borders for Balmora (a really rough outline). I used the original mountain lines from Morrowind, but I could easily move around mountains and widen the river if everyone would like it better that way. Just give me some feedback (where what buildings should go where, etc.). I'll be working on it tonight, as well as the other towns from the Bitter Coast Region.

The image is kinda big so go here to see it: http://www.geocities.com/ixidorswrath/ba...oncept.JPG
Hey, I like your map. :goodjob:

Just one question: Oblivion takes part six years after the events in Morrowind, so I wonder, if the city would really grow more than twice its original size.

It's not that I don't like big cities, hehe, but I'm asking due to reasons of plausability.

Just my two cents.

Greetings

Quentin
well I dunno about that... we know Hlaalu is in the process of totally beating Indoril in economic and colonistic stuff.... and they were always big in urban centers... the other houses, besides Indoril were more into villages, clans and forts... not metropolis like Hlaalu and Indoril were inclined to make... though most Dunmer cities aren't very big anyhow.. compared to outlander cities....

maybe smaller than all but Argonian cities... which there aren't really any... they might have big fort-vilages... but probably nothing like a city... marsh and jungle is hard to keep a city in...
you might argue that the aztecs and other meso-american cultures did it... but Argonians are still rpimarily hunter gatherers with no real agriculture besides growing crops if they are slaves...

Balmora.... when I submit my concept we can combine them! ...or tweak your or mine or w/e! Big Grin

EDIT: here it is- Balmora concept

EDIT: Hla Oad plans
the green is sea gate.. the brownrepresents a bridges... red square is a military tower... the blue circle is where naval ships will go, but Hlaalu have no problem with putting in merchant crafts in there and putting thier navy outside of need be...
a canal has been built to allow ships to "go around back" incase the docks are besieged... Big Grin Hlaalu are getting Imperial-ized

EDIT: I think I accidentally put them in 3ds concept area... o shit... X(

you Balmora looks like.... it grew.... I was thinking of just making the houses go up... like 3 stories instead of 2... but you were thinking spread out...

now Ald Ruhn may have spread out even more by now.. but Hlaalu are more of the compact city-like guys... much more western....

but do you like the docks? hehehe... Hlaalu are gonna be powerful now... but mostly cause now they can control trade...
Ok, well I like to think of grandeur when planning cities. I'll hold back on the size of them a little more. Sorry, but I can't get any new layouts up right now, but I'll do my best to have them up tommorow. And they will be much better quality (I hope :goodjob: ).
very nice drawings, i wish i had talent Sad
Quote:Originally posted by falco1029
very nice drawings, i wish i had talent Sad
skill / talent is important.... but its mostly hard work.. I've been drawing since around age 3....
If Ixidors wants to do Balmora i'll work on Hla Oad. I'd rather do a port city anyways Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Ixosis
If Ixidors wants to do Balmora i'll work on Hla Oad. I'd rather do a port city anyways Big Grin
okay... did you see my concept for it? you may come up with your own... but just keep in mind:

--Hla Oad---
Once a poor fishing village, it was soon found to be an ideal place for smugglers. Soon it became the central smuggling town. However, in the last 6 years, the Hlaalu Council has decided that its economic power needs to be protected. Due to the weakness of the legions as they have left and are only just returning, the Hlaalu have decided to create ports on vardenfell for a navy. In this way, they can be protected from Redoran, Indoril, Dres, and Telvanni animosity. They have also rid themselves of Cammona Tong influence. It is thought that the Dres have taken control of the criminal/terrorist Dunmer group. Now Hla Oad has been converted into a large port. It is defended by watch-towers and sea-gates. several docks and canals allow for ships to be accomadated and naval ships to sneak pat blockades if need be.

...that's all... just some background info... if you need to change anything in our TES4 Morrowind lore... let me know! Big Grin
ok i'll have a concept layout of the "new" base at the plateau ina few days. I gotta make a new file and get my stronghold so I can get a look at the old one first. Since I'm still relativly new to forums will somebody help me post pic if i can't figure it out? hope you like what i come up with when i get it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25