Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: NJRI0316 "Stormhold: Hole-In-The-Wall Bar" (Completed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Official 'Black Marsh' Interior Claim: Stormhold The Hole-In-The-Wall Bar

[/HR]

The Hole-In-The-Wall Bar
AVAILABILITY: Completed by jucklesjenk

[/HR]

[Image: StormholdSouth04.jpg]
[Image: Hole.jpg]

(Please excuse the unattractive CS screenshots.)

[/HR]

Description & Details

[/HR]

Stormhold is Black Marsh's Jungle City lying in the Northern reaches of the Naga-Cradle Jungle. It is an entrypoint to the mountains and a common location for the more enterprising traveller. Much of it is built upon the existing Barsaebic ruins which are still very much in evidence, both in the ramshackle architectural design and through the complex Undercity network.

It was the scene of the most spiritual successes in terms of trying to 'tame' Argonian culture and belief as it was at one time under the influence of missionaries of the Nine Divines. This is the second strongest influence that is at work in city, giving rise to the Cathedral whose brazier serves as a beacon to those lost in the Jungle.

It is a source of considerable trade and yet has a history of foul diseases. Consequently, places such as the 'Hospice of Mara' have been set up to deal with this. However, it is not without influence and holds considerable sway in the diplomacy between Argonia and the foreign embassies, the most controversial of which remains to this day: the Morrowind Embassy, a base for the once-despised Dunmer who were at one time a blight on Stormhold's horizon. Being a border city, it is also rich in trade, culture and commerce.

This interior claim contains the Hole-In-The-Wall bar, a back-street gambling, drinking and fighting den. Unlike the psychotic flavour of Gideon, Stormhold likes its inhabitants tough, hardy and indomitable and this bar is the place to see that in motion. The Dunmer mock the place and stay well clear, whilst visiting Orcs and Nords are won over instantly. It is run by Farouk Solnir, a Lilmoth who loves to see the blood flow. To see a living Lilmoth is itself a rarity for travellers who normally must risk the hazardous journey to Lilmothiit to see the culture for themselves. All manner of beverages are sold.

[/HR]

At-a-glance Details

[/HR]

Interior Name:2BMIGStormholdLeyawiinLower13
Region: Naga-Cradle Jungle
Settlement: Stormhold
Architecture: Barsaebic ruins and SI dungeons
Exterior cell coordinates: (-4,22)
Claim Size & Difficulty: Easy.
Inhabitants: Farouk Solnir has not been created yet.
Mission Connections: None as yet but may be involved in Sotho Tren storylines.
NPCs: 1. The NPC must have (full) dialogue and AI. Don't forget the pathgrid for them. The NPC is already named but you may change the name if necessary, so please discuss this and other details in the claims discussion thread ('General Info' below).
General Info: Please keep up to date on associated topics in the: Claims Discussion Forums . In addition, please note that this bar has been created by myself but may need to be cluttered a little more. This claim also involves setting up an 'arena-like' competition whereby contestants fight for cash in the central ring. For extra assistance with the scripts, please see one of our scripters.

[/HR]

How to mod your interior

NB: Please note that some Stormhold interiors contain copies of vanilla interiors for those wishing to 'mass-mod' (see the thread in the interiors section for details). This is not a highly recommended strategy to modding but, in practical terms and if needing to create Imperial-style interiors (as some in Stormhold are), it can prove to be very useful and time-efficient. If not using this strategy, please delete either some or all of the existing clutter and then begin.

Interior modding carries with it the same responsibilities as it does on our father project, Silgrad Tower. This means that there will need to be NPCs, Containers, Lighting etc. For a really nice checklist that is very, very thorough, try this one from Zurke: A handy checklist to create an interior for ST . Zurke is the most experienced and prolific interior modder I know of so it's all good advice.

[/HR]

Cluttering your Interior

Please try to use the BM objects as much as possible. And try to consider the story behind the owner of the building (which you may adapt unless stated) and add clutter as appropriate to them and the particular locations. This might include foodstuffs, flora, cutlery, paintings, tribal items, custom furniture, bedding and maybe a desk if this interior involves using the NPC as a trader.

Please remember to light the area. Argonian or Imperial lighting can be used. If you have any further suggestions, requests for models and so on then please consult this thread: Furnitures & Clutters . Just ask if you have any special ideas for extra models.

Have fun! :goodjob:
[Gasp] Excalibur! :worship:

This must be mine!

Please?
Done. :check:

That claim went within about a minute of posting... Cool
I can't remember where I posted it, but I said somewhere that this could possibly be a Sotho Tren building for Stormhold. Should this be made real?

EDIT: Found it: Stealth Entrances
Any help needed?
Yes - if you know how to script
Quote:Originally posted by jucklesjenk
I can't remember where I posted it, but I said somewhere that this could possibly be a Sotho Tren building for Stormhold. Should this be made real?

Yep. :yes:
OK then - oh, and what do you think of adding a hidden basement that contains a load of slaves and Sotho Tren thugs? Have we got any cages that I might be able to use?

I think I'll add one or two other Sotho Tren contacts in the bar itself. Also, do you think that there should be two or three guys that permanently stay here to increase the atmosphere?

Also, since it's a gambling den that's privately run, what do you think of the idea of having a bouncer who stands just inside and only lets you in if you're either a member of the Sotho Tren, or if you pay the entry toll (which you have to pay each time you enter).
Quote:Originally posted by jucklesjenk
Yes - if you know how to script

:eek:Oh, no scripting...
Oh - ok

Perhaps XJ can help?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9