Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Some basic questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hello, I joined Valenwood today - which obviously can be observed near my "avatar". My question is, since there are multilingual versions of TES IV - I, myself, play it in French (and I must agree, proud of it :banana: despite the presence of German or English in some locations, such as Knights of the Nine) - well, my question is: is this project supposed to be developed for the English version only ?

If not, I would gladly help with translations into French and Spanish, since I'm trilingual (French native).

Please indicate me also where I could get the latest build, I could only see something from 2009, like "main quest 70% implemented", or something alike. An installing procedure would be nice too, if you allow me forward.

Anyway, the project looks incredible, Bethesda really made a mess for not pushing the borders a little bit further...

Many thanks !
Hi friend.

As of now I would be happy if we even release an english version. this mod is down the gutter right now.
Anyway. I'm just downloading the v 1.6 ESM archive, see what I can do with it after a fresh vanilla install. God, the internet and the electricity providers help me...

After what I've read here, nothing is lost yet, unless some of the people want to do as if they've never worked on it. Unfortunately, this concerns most of projects in their definition: happy to start, then happy to finish by any means...

So keep smiling ! People from around the globe are still interested in this.
Well a huge fan base dosent prevent one from dieing.
take a look at Micheal Jackson

Well good luck, tell the others I said hello.
Man... I have almost forgotten him, the legend of legends, the immortal, the galaxy core... :lmao:

Without mocking the man, of course, he did what he (and what others wanted him to do) had to do. But I find much more realism in expanding Tamriel's borders.

By the way, if you're still present, could you tell me where I begin ? I mean is it as simple as going to Anvil, and jump in a boat ?

And, yes, I would gladly say hello to the invisible others, but the problem is first I don't know no other since I'm the newest to join. Anyway, I take the chance:

HELLO ! :worship:
Hello and (a belated) welcome to you! I was surprised to see anyone here!

I am Deeza (technically the head of the project, but in reality only a caretaker until windsurfer gets back)!

The project is almost finished - all that remains is to finish off the quests. Unfortunately, that's the one thing I can't do myself, as I suck at scripting. Drmccoy was in charge of finishing them, but he recently had a disastrous crash which wiped his hard drive.

I don't suppose you can do scripts by any chance?
Sorry to disappoint, but no. Scripting closely looks like Chinese to me - even though I used to learn some basic Chinese at the university (almost forgot, by the way). The best thing I could do is testing, but as I'm in possession of the French version, I don't know how it will behave. To start, I give it a try right away. As I've already told Sandor, related to Silgrad Tower for TES 4, I will gladly take on the translation into French - but I need some indications, since I don't know how to edit the text files.
However as your mate said, it's too early for this step, let's (read: let you) finish the project first. But I remain interested in it.

Time to see if I catch the boat to the Valenwood and the Abecean Isles ! Since I'm not a swimming fan...
Argh... I've tried all the combination between the .esm and the two .esp, there does not seem to be any NPC in Anvil's center. I've also tried every inn, still nothing. I'm pretty sure I've copied all the stuff correctly. Maybe it's a compatibility problem ? I'm running, as I've said, the French version, upgraded to 1.2.0416, using the official + the unofficial patches. No mod, no SI / KOTN.

I'll try further tomorrow. Perhaps the mod manager should do a better job ?
Hi there,

I'm drmccoy, the NPC, Quest, Dialogue and Scriptcreator. I am glad to hear about your eager passion about translating the mod intro french and spanish and I would gladly accept your offer. Unfortunately, this is not my choice.

If you were to help us, I'd send you the english raw dialogue for you to translate it, I'd like to do the implementation ingame myself. This project is not down the gutters at all, I started over from the last uploaded version of the Mainquest-ESP and started debugging the moma.

As for your question: I'm not going to help you on this problem, since the mod itself has not been released. I'm not even sure if you're running all the necesarry plugins and have loaded them in the correct order.

Since this has occured a few times by now, I'll have to state the following:

Downloading the last Master and Plugin Release and trying to play the Mainquest will NOT work. The Quest has only been completed for about 70% and the last uploaded plugin is very buggy, you're not even able to complete the Quest 20% through. So please be patient and wait for the release to enjoy a rich experience of the mod

Cheers,
the doc Smile
Ok, it seems fair enough to me =)

I've been on the small island, using the coc smallisland command. A little slow down that I experienced, and a little pain to my ears since the sound volume seems to be higher in that area than in the normal game (the jungle sounds) did not wiped away the feeling of a new world.
In my opinion, concerning the creatures and the containers, only those names should be translated - the items present inside (as for the Spider - "crab flesh" Big Grin) are already in your version's language, so this might not be a problem.

Up to you if you want to send me the raw documents. I believe they're in Excel format ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6