Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The Argonian Revolution (or not, as the case may be)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is something that warrants serious discussion.

We know from the Infernal City that, not long after the ending of Oblivion, Black Marsh and Elseweyr became independent from the Empire. We also know that during Oblivion, large numbers of Argonians from all over the world were drawn back to Argonia by the Hist, and that in previous years, violent revolutionary groups such as the Khanaten Liberation Army have begun to challenge the Empire for control of the province. In our own lore, the Argonians in the north are also fighting renegade House Dres nobles and slavers for control of Arnesia and the city of Thorn.

We know that 40 years after Oblivion, an ultra-traditionalist faction known as the An-Xileel has expelled the Empire from Black Marsh and controls at least the city of Lilmoth. Since in our version this is the headquarters of the Royal Court, it implies that they will sooner or later overthrow the current government.

LadyN reckons that at the time our mod is set, the An-Xileel is already a powerful force. Given how we've developed our mod so far, it looks like they should be operating out of Murkwood and the deep marsh.

This material is too epic not to include in our mod. We need to have a discussion about how...
Sounds great!Maybe the player can choose between joining or not and that will change the game's ending.
the liberation of the argonians is really a side effect of the oblivion crisis. Cyrodiil no longer has the forces to keep up with all its provinces, and Black Marsh, which was never particularly developed, falls by the wayside fast. The An-Xileel (or rather the Hist they serve) were the ones to recall the Argonians to the Marsh to fight Dagon. The spectacular defeat of Dagon's forces, the direct ruling power of the An-Xileel, and the sense of unity this gives the Argonians, starts a gradual, rather uncontested separation from the Empire.
Good points. I wasn't thinking of major battles or anything, just making it clear that Imperial control is slipping away fast (perhaps with minor skirmishes involving the more militant groups, as it says in the PGE3). We could make plenty of stories and quests for the various factions out of that.

I do like the idea of doing something with this magical war between Dagon and the Hist though...
Nice ideas. I don't have the time this week to give this serious thought but I do like the idea of using Murkwood and Lilmoth. I just wondered if the Lilmoth themselves might play a part? I am not planning on using our Lilmoth race in the beta regions but I figured they'd look great in Murkwood. It's just a side issue but it might be worth raising.
I'd definitely like to include the Lilmothlit in some quests, but I don't really see how they could be involved in something this big. There are very few of them left these days. But they could perhaps have some ancestral knowledge of a secret way into Lilmoth...