Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: gigantic nix-hound?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
[Image: vivec_giant-form.jpg]
It appears Vivec made himself into his giant form and is riding a huge nix-hound
from one of the DEVs (Michael Kirkbride) comments, we know that:
"They are arthropods. In fact, they were created by Vivec to hunt Dreughs during a time-lost campaign against the Altmer of the sea."
although that is not necessarily true, perhaps Vivec said that he did, who knows...

but obivously Vivec has an affinity for nix-hounds

I think there should be a big nix-hound somewhere deep in the Molag Amur... I mean look at lobsters, the longer they live the bigger they get, if a lobster could live forever, it would keep growing...
same with the Nix-hound... I guess....

anyhow I'd love to see a super-sized nix-hound... that's just my thought :yes:
DOesn't seem all that bad of an idea, as long as there is a very small few (around one). We could make it an Easter Egg kind of thing. Perhaps make a book with that picture in it with a few words of what Vivec did. Then if they stumble across one in Molag Amur, then they wouls know why it is there.

Should it just be a regular Nix Hound, but scaled up, or whould it be a super strength one?
If you are to have this in the game, then I would suggest that you have an all new model for it. Resizing a model that is meant to be a certain size will distort the quality. According to this picture, the nix hound is easily 300 times bigger than the normal one. Just imagine the loss of detail...

But in conclusion, I don't think it would be a wise idea to include this. You would see it from miles away, and it just doesn't seem to fit. :confused:
Maybe we could just make it a statue in a huge cavern somwhere in Molag Amur?

noremorse made sense with it being viewable from miles, I forgot Oblivion's engine is now capable of that. I am used to only seeing a couple of feet in Morrowind.
besides, when i first saw that pic i didn't think that was really vivec...

but i think it could be done properly...as long as: there was 1-3, they lived in a small, well-defined game area (like an ash valley or something), and had lore associated with them (yes there is that pic, but it's made by beth so we can't use it Sad we'd have to include a quest and book related to them...)
welll sorry for not saying this before guys... but my idea was...

in the Molag Amur region you are supposed to be able to get lost easily... even the ashlanders can sometimes...
so I was thinking that there would be cave entrances that lead to technically separate regions... as in you walk in the cave and in effect is teleports you to an isolated region... and in one of these large closed off Ashland valleys will be a giant nix-hound...
and these isolated valleys might number... say 5-10... but the teleports keep changing so you don't always go to the same one everytime you walk through the tunnel... eh?

anyhow that was what i was thinking to prevent a monster nix-hound from chasing you all over Vvardenfell sweeping aside any guards trying to assist you Big Grin
Have you ever played the Legend of Zelda game on the Gameboy? In one of those games there is a forest maze, where every screen looks the same, but you have to walk in a certain direction on every screen to find your way out (ie. L-R-D-D-L-U-R-L-L...).

Now I'm not saying that the valley's should be mazes like that, but like you said, when you enter on teleport area, going back might not lead to the place you entered from. I don't know how we would make it so that the same teleport area in place will send you to different places, but we can make it so that A leads to B, but B doesn't lead back to A, it goes to C, then maybe C leads somewhere else, and evetually you can get back to A, or out another way.

I can see a couple things wrong with this already though. One is that if your thinking about the autonominous regions, then everytime you enter one of these "valley's", then they are going to have to load a completely new cell, it without having some kind of doorway, it won't flow smoothly from one area to another.

Two would be that, the nNix Hound could still chase you through-out Vvardenfell. Creatures and NPC's can now travel through cells to follow after you. Wink

Let me know if any of that doesn't make sense.
ok... hmm... so here are your points:
1. the game will not transition smoothly having to load new cell
2. NPCs and creatures can go through doors/teleport/etc. to get to you if that is their 'will'

alright... so in reply....
1. do you mean doorway as a gate instead of a teleport? so it will all be int he same exterior except physically set of by a gate of sorts instead of a door-like teleport that gets you to a new place? IF that is what you mean, then perhaps we can stick with a mze idea, but make it very complex. But anyhow, that way, we can make it smoother and just as confuzing? I like it
  • so will the "gates" be push-aside-able boulders?
  • any other suggestions?

2. yes, I knew that... but I meant it that the nix-hound would stay in the maze area... perhaps the nix-hound will chase you, but only in the Molag Amur region? that would be interesting....
  • also, say you ran all the way to Tel Uvirith... and run inside... could the nix-hound get in also? I mean, it it a bit big... like 3x(?) as big...
  • perhaps you can get a picture of a 3x as big nix-hound with a character next to it for us? (in TES3 CS)

okay... and a few more points...
1- yes, I believe that a new model should be made, perhaps mostly like the nix-hound, but changed and maybe with more detail because the creature will be larger
2- perhaps a unique name should be given to this big nix-hound?
Perhaps we should aim not to make it maze-like, but simply that it's repetative so that the player himself would maybe decide to leave it.

Nix Hounds... definitly need new model.
well, make it so confusing that the player could get lost for days...
i mean ...real days! mwahahaha :brew:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5