Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The Common Tongue Rallies the Troops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Regular readers may be rather surprised at the contrite and conciliatory style of this missive. It is surely in stark contrast to the Common Tongue's normally merciless prose. Yet it would be hypocritical of me if, during my quest to ferret out political truth, I were to be unable to candidly admit when I myself have been in error. This is one such occasion.

I must therefore humbly admit that I misjudged the white-robed loon who used to preach daily outside my former office in Mournhold. For years I thought him an overzealous schizophrenic with a death wish, and whilst I still believe he was all those things, he was in fact right about one very important point: the end of the world as we know it is upon us.

You all know that the Common Tongue has little love of the Empire's corrupt institutions, but the obliteration of Kvatch cuts through to even my stony heart. And the appalling devastation visited on House Redoran has convinced me to abandon my customary political sniping to make a call for unity.

Make no mistake. The Daedra are a force which will stop at nothing, immune to earthly concepts such as compromise or reason. At such a time, division among we ordinary mortals is fatal.

All of us - Hlaalu kleptomaniacs, Imperial carpetbaggers, psychotic Telvanni sociopaths, honour-crazed hidebound Redoran, Indoril religious nuts and bloated Dres slavers, even disgruntled critics like myself, are in this together. We face an enemy the likes of which Morrowind has not seen since the Kamalese Invasion in the second era. Like it or not, we need each other.
Checked and added into the CS.