Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Helstrom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Edited by jucklesjenk 23.02.2010

Posts are from the Fort Swampmoth discussion in response to this post.

blue[/HR]

True, that would make it more alike to Angkor Wat, I guess.
Is Angkor Wat on an island? I never knew that!

But yes, Helstrom is supposed to be something like that, a semi-mythical city deep in the swamps (except that unlike Angkor Wat, Helstrom is a giant tree)!
A giant tree? I didn't know that. A Hist tree, do you mean?

Here's Angkor Wat from the air: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...he-air.JPG .
Well, there's nothing in lore about Hellstrom one way or the other. It's pretty much a blank slate.

The old team were developing it as a giant Hist tree (supposedly the oldest surviving one). I think it's a pretty cool idea, especially if it's growing up, around and through all those nice ruin pieces we'll have soon...
I haven't even seen the original team's ideas but that's exactly how I imagined it. I imagine the ruling governers to live in the tree itself and the rest of the city is made out of huge roots, with residences carved into the roots themselves.
I wasn't thinking quite along the same lines tbh. The idea of massive tree complexes has been done before and tends to be difficult to pull off effectively. I prefer the Sumerian approach with ziggurats and pyramids.
Sumerian?
Oh right, like Babylonians and stuff. I get it - great idea, only if Helstrom is in the heart of the marshes, then how can any structures be stable?
I think you have a ready-made excuse with the Hist. They'd make anything possible.
Pages: 1 2 3