Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The Gideon Carnival
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It has been planned for there to be a carnival in the streets of Gideon when the player arrives there. One of the characters that has already been discussed is Arnaster Marrowmir, Ibsen's creation, who will join the player and help them out with some quests.

But we need ideas for the rest of the performers. What kind of acts will there be?

I was thinking of a magician who sets himself on fire, freezes himself etc. for the crowds, who cheer his "miraculous" survival. Thoughts?
A full swamp orchestra playing the Rambo 4 main theme.

No, but maybe a guy who stands around dancing and teleports himself to one of 4 spots every once in a while. Typically a carnival is when most everyone put on a silly dress and dance in the streets. We could litter the streets with people wearing jester costumes.
Of course most of the people would just be revelers, but we'll need a bit more entertainment aside from just the one guy. I like the teleporting idea.
What about an Illusionist ? : that makes things disappear and reappear, makes things appear to be what they are really not, etc

Heck, you could probably even make a large upright coffin with a lid, a woman goes inside and lid closes, a blade that is set between the coffin halves is magically thrust through the halves (and hear a woman's scream), the crowd gasps, the top half of the coffin is magically (maybe the Illusionist waves a wand towards the coffin) moved to the side seemingly as if the woman was cut in half, the top coffin half is magically rotated around in various directions to show the blade part thrust through the bottom, a crowd gasps, then the top half is moved back to fit with the bottom half, the blade is moved back, the lid opens, and the woman comes out in one piece.

This can totally be faked: You'd need a minorly animated coffin with animated blade attached to it on one side. As soon as the woman goes into the coffin (can use an XMarker to make her travel to specific spot, plus maybe some AI) and after the lid closes, the woman is disabled, then the blade and top coffin half animate, then goes back to original position, woman is Enabled via script, then lid opens and she walks out.

Koniption
If you think you'll be able to animate it, that would be awesome!
I don't know if it would work, but what about having some midgets (by making NPCs and scaling them down), and watching them fight. If anyone has played Canis Canem Edit / Bully, and you remember the Freak Show in the Carnival, you'll know what I'm thinking.
That sounds like a pretty cool idea actually. Although maybe it fits more in the Hole in the Wall fight bar in Stormhold?
Mimes and pickpockets.Strenth contests.
Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
That sounds like a pretty cool idea actually. Although maybe it fits more in the Hole in the Wall fight bar in Stormhold?
Yeah, but these are midgets for a freak show, rather than for a fighting pit. Still, it would be good to include it.
Hahaha. Hurray for midgets! I know the poor buggers get some real stick but I always like seeing them in films and stuff for a bit of fun.

I already added the masks to the archive but haven't yet put them into the CS. I'll do that with my current esp. If you'd like to take a look at them, they're here: Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\Meshes\blackmarsh\armors\masks . Just open them up in NifSkope.

It's funny this topic came up as I was working on Gideon last night. I added a Gypsy Wagon, some carny tents and a stage using some TesNexus resources. They were all quite low-memory items so they will prove to be good inclusions, I think. Here's what I did so far.
Pages: 1 2 3