Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Senchal Architecture
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With the restart we are going to redo Senchal, starting with custom pieces. (All the existing claims will be moved to Dune, with the exception of the Adriatic) So without further delay, heres a couple of lower class houses

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249...chal01.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249...chal02.jpg

And heres a close up of the minaret panels of house02
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249...chal03.jpg

These houses are made with brick, covered with render then painted brightly. the minarets are made mostly of wood beams and panels and pretty much are used as a living room, unless its raining of course.
Ironically, we can't put moons on the top of the Minarets/Fasiiri-ja-kha'jay, because it's not oringinal . It's extremly common for Minarets to have moons on the top, so the Fasiiri-ja-kha'jay either 1) don't have anything on the top, or 2) something alot more unique on top.
yeah it was just a quick idea, might try a single pointy bit
Would it be a good idea to create the minaret as a separate model? We could get more variety by using basic houses with and without the minaret, and with it located on different parts of the roof.

Access would have to be a trapdoor and ladder - I don't think there's room for a staircase. I think there should be a door from the inside of the minaret to the roof, which would also be living-space with canopies strung up.
my thoughts exactly with the minatets being sparate from the houses. am still working on some ideas
Upperlcass Fasiiri-ja-kha'jays would have a staircase in them, lowerclass would just have a ladder and trap door.
Won't be able to model the UCs with repositionable minarets, then. I guess the UC minarets could be quite large to accommodate a spiral stair and still leave usable space at the top. Where do you put the load door? It'd be better for the polycount if the stairs were indoors, but that means having a little "hut" outside.
Quote:Originally posted by morcroft
Won't be able to model the UCs with repositionable minarets, then. I guess the UC minarets could be quite large to accommodate a spiral stair and still leave usable space at the top. Where do you put the load door? It'd be better for the polycount if the stairs were indoors, but that means having a little "hut" outside.

The stairs would definetly be in an interior cell, and yea it would be alot bigger than the LC, it's be more important to the structure of the house. What do you mean by 'hut'?
There has to be a sort of shed-like structure on the top deck to hold the top few stairs and the ouside door. Sort of like the entrance to the bedroom of the Skingrad player house.
Otherwise the door has to be below the top deck level and have stairs up from it - more like one of those Ayleid outdoor stairwell things.
Quote:Originally posted by morcroft
There has to be a sort of shed-like structure on the top deck to hold the top few stairs and the ouside door. Sort of like the entrance to the bedroom of the Skingrad player house.
Otherwise the door has to be below the top deck level and have stairs up from it - more like one of those Ayleid outdoor stairwell things.

Or the stairs could lead up to a trap door at the top, similar to the Fort Tower's in Morrowind.
Pages: 1 2