Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Village: Glenpoint [Basic Exterior Completed]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Official ‘High Rock' Settlement Claim:

[/HR]

AVAILABILITY: Open

[/HR]

Description & Details

[/HR]
Glenpoint used to be a major power in the region, before it got beaten by Daggerfall in 1E 609, which ended any chances of becoming one of the main cities of High Rock. Nowadays it's a sleepy village, but still retains traces of its former power, like the Knights of the Owl who guard the Baron of the village and his family (they live in the Manor).

However, Glenpoint's remote location and dull image means it's a perfect hiding place for people who don't want to be found. The Thieves' Guild has a substantial base of operations here, running smuggling into and out of the province through the nearby port at Corwich.
[/HR]

At-a-glance Details

[/HR]

Settlement Name:
Region: Daggerfall South
Architecture: Anticlere set
Class: Village with Baron's Manor
Church: Zenithar
Exterior cell coordinates: ????
Claim Size & Difficulty: Easy.
Inhabitants: Breton
Mission Connections: None as yet.
Here are two screenshots from the CS, in case anyone is interested:

Layout of Glenpoint
Another screenshot

So far, I haven't added a lot of clutter that defines the buildings as what they are, but if there are no objections I'd go about it in the way I put it in the first screenshot. It will be subtle anyway, but maybe the carpenter will have some wooden beams in the front or something like that.

For the Thieves Guild hideout, it depends on how you guys imagine that, but I think that there could be a second entrance in the back of the building that leads to the basement (just like Baenlin's house in Bruma, for example). It would be easy to smuggle things in and out of the building that way.
cool
Quote:Originally posted by Fearabbit... maybe the carpenter will have some wooden beams in the front or something like that.

Did someone say "carpenter" ??

You're welcome to use my hand tools- originally made for Elsweyr but also now picked up by Silgrad . I can move the texture paths around for you if you need it.
Thanks morcroft! I hadn't thought of that! Those would be an excellent addition.
As I say, you're welcome to use them. If you're OK with doing the texture paths then just go ahead and download the pack from Elsweyr. I won't have time to rework them myself for a couple of weeks, I'm off on holiday.
Yes, thank you very much morcroft Smile Those tools look excellent.

Here's an ingame screenshot of Glenpoint. I added doors using the CastleDoorway01 as a frame, but I'll replace those once the new resource file comes out, I guess.
Screenshot
Looking very nice so far.
Great screenshots. Much better than the ones I posted. So I tried to take some screenshots in the CS but nothing seems to happen.
I changed the allow screenshot =0 line in the construction set ini file to allowscreenshot = 1.
nothing happens when I hit print screen.
Could you give the noob a little help?
the CS has no screenshot function. you have to press Print Screen and then paste it into a graphics editing program (paint, photoshop, etc.).
Pages: 1 2