Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Interior tileset crisis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In all likelyhood, the release of Oblivion is 5-6 weeks away and we have no interior tilesets! :pop:

No Hlaalu set, no Velothi set, no Redoran set.

Modellers have already more or less agreed to do these three projects. I'm tremendously grateful for the fine work these guys have accomplished previously, and I've tried not to nag too much. But as much as I appreciate their work, that can't overshadow the fact that there's no time left now!

I've contacted Oom, spankybus and Dairon over email regarding this thread. Guys, if tangible progress isn't made in the following week... I guess I'll have to try and do the tilesets myself as best as I can. :hmm:

What do all of you think about this problem for our team?
Can anyone think of alternative solutions to this situation?
Or maybe, God-willing, someone here would even consider making one of the three tilesets in a speedy fashion?
i cant model my way out of a paper bag...

anyhow, i heard that making interior tilesets is rather simple. you just have to take the exterior model and invert it...then jsut remove some of the exes polys. i dont know how simple it realy is since i dont model anything...

anyhow, theoreticly, if you hold out on making interiors untill all exteriors are done then you have a nother month or 2 to work on em....

(yes, rather useless post)
Not useless at all LN. Though inverting exterior models to create interiors works best for fixed exteriors, like Caligula's Redoran houses. It wouldn't work to create a tileset that way, I think. But I appreciate the thought. Smile
Define progress over the next week. Frankly, the game is going to release in 5-6 weeks.....big deal, I don't know about you, but I will be playing the game for awhile after it's release as-is and not worrying about modding it until I've passed the 1st Go, I also look forward to actually getting my hands on the game and seeing what it can/cannot do, so I don't spend several hundred modeling hours, only to learn half my work isn't compatible.

I have parts, but they aren't very fancy. However, if the idea is get parts made before we even really know what parts can be used (other than second hand hints from dev's and past experience with TES3, this is very outdated texture and animation wise). So, if you want it now, i will play is safe and keep the tiles simple as they are, because i will not make complex tiles without knowing what the engine can or cannot handle. I mean they are prettier then Morrowind was, but not quite where OB will be at, and that's a lot to do with texture work. I will see what can be done.

But be realiztic, your deadline isn't 5-6 weeks, because you will be playing the game like a psycho, just likethe rest of us :bananarock: Wink
Quote:Originally posted by spankybus
Define progress over the next week.

Excellent, looking forward to it. :goodjob:

So, if you want it now, I will play is safe and keep the tiles simple as they are [...]

Yes please!! Smile
I believe simple will work best at this stage. And it will be good to have something for people's imaginations to work on as they start to play the game.

So, if you want it now, I will play is safe and keep the tiles simple as they are [...]

Brilliant.
I started on a Redoran interior tileset. These are just some of the base tiles, with placeholder textures and little detail.

Edit NR 7.23.2006: Deleted images.
Looking and you and Spankybus' new stuff is probably my favorite thing in this forum. It makes me really excited to see our capabilities being enhanced so visibly. Thank you.
Quote:Originally posted by Vrenir
Looking and you and Spankybus' new stuff is probably my favorite thing in this forum. It makes me really excited to see our capabilities being enhanced so visibly. Thank you.

Wow, thanks! Smile
Ive been swamped with work this week and have been having trouble finding the time to do the research nessisary to start on some texturing. (If you were wondering about the small absence of progress) Sorry.

BTW, where is the best tutorials resource? I know it has been mentioned around here somewhere, but I can't remember where.

EDIT: I agree with spankybus. I don't think we have to freak out just yet, we probably won't be to the interior placment stage for a while.

Even if we dont have complete interiors when the time comes, it would be possible to have temp models. Texturing and decals can probably be added even after a cell had been constructed without too many problems.
Pages: 1 2