Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: One Trader's Guild Quest?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In Silgrad tower, i only can do one quest for the Traders guild which is deliver the letter anyone know why?
Because that was the only quest created for it. There were more planned, but most weren't added before the projects came to a halt.
Should we bring back the Trader's Guild for the Oblivion mod?
If so, should we look over the old quest pitches or come up with new ones?
I think we should. I liked that there was a new guild available. One that had the potential to be a very, very important aspect in Silgrad. ST was a richly business based city...
I'm definitely for keeping the guild. I liked the fact that it had a rather dark side about it, enforcing every trader to join the guild or else, which leaves a lot of potential for quests.

Greetings

Quentin
Screams Mafia style oppurtunities!
Excellent =)
I hope this time we'll be able to mod them more like they were envisioned to be, i.e., an important factor in the town who's presence is felt by all shopkeepers.

I think it would be handy if we had an article about the Traders' Guild so it would be easier for modders to write quests for them. Maybe we can bandy about ideas in this thread which can later be digested into such an article?

Personally I wasn't around when it was created and I don't know much about it. But it doesn't seem to me like they would have a Mafia-like role, that's more the Cammona Tong's cup of tea I think. Among other things the Mafia is known for extorting money from businesses, but this feels more like a guild for businesses. They can still have a dark side to them though, one that isn't so closely tied to organized crime. For instance, maybe it would be appropriate with a quest that would see the player break the legs of an unlicensed street vendor (inflict X amount of HtH damage) ?

They would be kinda like House Hlaalu I guess? So maybe Hlaalu would be a good 'enemy' of the Traders' Guild, as they compete somewhat for the same niche? Then again the East Empire Company might also be a potential enemy and competitor. How do you guys think the Traders' Guild would view those factions?
I think that they should view each other as rivals. Competitors just like regular businesses. Anybody belonging to a 'corporation' would help each other out in the competition of the market. Meaning money, supplies, and what-not.

I would also like the opportunity to buy a business, or start one, and force the player to join the Trader's Guild. That would be cool if that was the only way to become a member, or at least a full-fledged member, and have access to more of their quests. It could also have a main faction questline of eventually eliminating the corruption in the guild, making it much more powerful in Silgrad. Cool
Traders' Guild is Silgrad Tower-specific... and there are no ashlanders there!
The posts that were less related to the Traders' Guild and its role in Silgrad, but more Vvardenfell can can be found here now.

Greetings

Quentin
Pages: 1 2