Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Naga Camps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now that the remaining settlements are edging closer to completion, we need to figure out where we're going to put the camps for the Naga Raiders that use the meshes KP originally made for Giskard's mod. They should obviously be located close to the main roads, but not so close as to be easily found by Imperial patrols. Additionally, we will need to place spawn points for leveled Naga raiders along these roads. It should make a great replacement for the vanilla bandits.

Perhaps they have even taken over Fort Swampmoth and now use it as a base of operations?
This is worth some serious consideration. I would suggest placing them near Forts in general but the thing is: there aren't going to be many more forts beyond the beta regions as the Imperials didn't get that far. Nevertheless, I'd like them to watch over some kind of dungeon entrance. Caves would suit them but they'd probably avoid Barsaebic ruins. They'd make excellent guardians of the Hist Shrines though....and may have set up camp just outside.
Maybe camps can appear near dead rootworms? Btw, I was thinking of some language that wild argonian aborigens speak... Just some mumbling and burping instead of cries like "You pathetic worm", or "Why wont you die?"
That's a possibility. I guess the Naga might consider the rootworms cousins...of a sort.
Perhaps they know something about what's happening to the Rootworms? Not necessarily responsible for it, but maybe they're investigating? Adds another side to their character, so they're not just stereotypical bandits.
Yes, a little like in Frank Herbert's 'Dune' with which they share some similarities, the rootworms have a deeper connection with the Hist than what we're initially aware of. With the Naga as 'agents' they might share a similar connection....something that is more inhuman and bestial and a side that the Argonians do not reflect as much.
I like that idea, but it's perhaps a bit too abstract to get across in the mod? We need to think of some way of getting that relationship across to the player...
We'll have to work on the MQ at some time, Deeza. I have some basic ideas that should help to bring this to light a little more. For the time being, most Naga Camps are best located in the Naga-Cradle jungle for the beta. I was hoping to use them near at least one of SG's Hist Shrines.

My main concern being that if we set up a Naga camp in the beta regions that is not located close to a dungon then it may have the effect of over-cluttering an already quite dense area. Although Western BM is more populated, I want to make sure that you're not encountering things too quickly. There should be decent enough strips of wilderness in-between...and we need creatures hanging around the outside of dungeons anyway so it kills two birds with one stone...
Maybe you should make it so that sometimes bandits spawn in cities or near city gates so it looks like they are raiding the cities (or trying to and failing bigtime Big Grin)
Nice idea but I dislike the idea of them raiding big cities as I don't think they are very numerous. However, for smaller settlements, the idea is a bit of a winner IMO.
Pages: 1 2