Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Rootworm Travel Cost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey All,

IG has tasked me with scripting the rootworm travel, which should be easy enough. The only problem I'm having and could do with your feedback on is price.

Now IG suggested it should be a high price, I'm unsure myself, So what do you think would be a good price to set for the travel?
If I were you, I'd make it just a bit more than silt striders in Morrowind
It's been ages since I actually played OB and even then it's always with the same old character who is now at level 3,000,000,000 or something. Therefore, I haven't a clue as money is irrelevant to my character. Any suggestions would be welcome. I think it should probably be more expensive than mounts because it's instant but then again, you only get one use out of the rootworm....I guess we could eventually give the PC an official 'rootworm pass' at a later stage but prices to begin with should be quite prohibitive, I think.
Ideally it should vary depending on the distance you want to travel. Also, if we are going to do this it would probably make sense to have fast travel disabled, otherwise the Rootworms would not be worth it. We could always have an optional extra that re-enables fast travel for people who want that.
Yes, the idea is to disable fast travel. Does anyone know the going rate for buying horses in Cyrodiil? We can work off that basis.
You can find that out on UESP wiki. Just type it into google. I would do it myself, but I'm racing to complete Kangumabog and Stormhold...
Np. Got it.

Paint Horse = 500 Gold.
Bay Horse = 1000 Gold.
Chestnut Horse = 2500 Gold.
White Horse = 4000 Gold.
Black Horse = 5000 Gold.

So, going by that, fares will probably be dependent on the departure and arrival points. As an example, if we use our current existing rootworm at RockGuard (basically, this is the Gideon rootworm seeing as it's so near) then how about the following prices?

Passage to Stormhold = 800 Gold.
Passage to Soulrest = 800 Gold.

Both cities are about equidistant from this location so they're roughly the same price. What do we think of these prices? Are they too much?
I would go with about 400 to start with (with 800 to go directly between Stormhold and Soulrest). Ideally, someone could eventually playtest the game as a relatively new character and see if it's excessive...
That sounds about right. Any other opinions, people?
Sounds Good, I have a quick question, I think IG mentioned it but cannot remember LOL.

So is the player going to directly interact with the rootworm or is there going to be an NPC the player talks too?

If it's the latter then there will not be any need for a script since it can all be done through dialogue.
Pages: 1 2