Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Claim: Unfinished AI and NPCs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Ahhh, progress....how it warms the soul... =)

Koniption
:yes: We're getting there.
I started on Kangumabog. I got the two Earthgall Guards done. :check:
Heroic work by you here Ibsen! Thankyou for covering up for my scripting incompetence...
=) Ah, it ain't too tricky and, unless you've got landlords to do, scripting doesn't even feature. They take a bit of time but they're fine. The main loss at times is the lack of path-gridding as this sometimes doubles up the workload.

Actually, what I could use is someone to take over dialogue. For the most part, it shouldn't be too hard but I think I remember there being issues over replacing the rumours from SACarrow mentioning it way back. We may have to stick to vanilla stuff there for the beta. Nevertheless, bits and pieces can be implemented. I wonder if yourself or Xae would be up for that...? It'll be a case of both writing some relevant 'gossip' lines and then going round the settlements adding sets of stuff as you go.

Other than that (and the questing, of course), it's pretty much all bits and pieces of dungeons and interiors left for the beta.
That depends. Is everyone going to be dispensing rumours or are we leaving it to the bartenders/innkeeps? Would save a lot of work if all the common folk merely said something like "rumours? Go talk to an innkeep."

Apart from that, writing rumours is easy.
They certainly don't all need rumours but they should certainly reveal bits and pieces of lore, fragments of quest ideas and general happenings in Argonia. Some of this information is revealed in the opening descriptions of my interior claims. The stuff about the settlement for which the interior is intended is generic information that features in each interior claim belonging to that settlement. There are also specific details on the NPCs within that settlement that could be used.

However, some of it is pretty obvious. In Gideon, for example, there's bound to be plenty lascivious characters mumbling under their breaths about how good the Serpentine Emmanuel is. It would suit your writing skills if you're okay with implementing them in-game but it may require a little checking up on the lore written in the interior claims. Nevertheless, I'm more than sure I can trust you to adapt things appropriately if you fancied the task....should be quite fun, actually. I'd do it myself if I didn't feel the urgent to sort out all these NPCs.
I still think we ought to somewhere include the line:

"Rumours? Who do you think I am? Go talk to some bloody barkeep and stop wasting my time!" Big Grin
It would be funnier if that person lived in the Mill....perhaps by the name 'Ruma'....'Ruma Mill'.....sorry.... :eek:
Ach, Kangumabog was in dire need of an overhaul. The Great Hall was re-sized to a fraction of its size, resulting in no chance of being able to pass through doorways and under stairs. I redid it but it took quite a long while. Do be careful when resizing objects, folks....especially those with doorways, stairs, slopes and bits that just hang out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7