Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: City Planning Thread 1: Blackrose
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now, this is good stuff, and warranting a true jungle music background. I dare hope that I get to score it.
Quote:Originally posted by Xae
I dare hope that I get to score it.
Indeed you may!

@ Deeza - Yes, we can use these forts for future mainland dungeons. I don't know what the answer is with the tree question but I imagine you're onto something with possibly having an outdated esm.

As regards the texture, the BMTropicalSwamp textures are used elsewhere in the region and may fit here. Otherwise, try the BMDirtySwamp textures or the BMMangrove textures. You'll need something that blends well with those buildings so that it looks like the moss that's affecting the buildings is present in the landscape surrounding it. Without being in the CS right now, my gut feeling is that the BMDirtySwamp textures would be the best choice. Of course, there's no stopping you trying out some of the vanilla textures such as the Blackwood ones. Just be careful changing textures - having too many will cause you problems.

Ask me if you're not too good at dealing with land textures.

The Imperial tower sounds like an option but bear in mind that MD offered some steps as part of his collection that might be used here. I'd be in favour of keeping the entrance to the temple clear.....I like those doors! =)

Oh, and yeah, it looks great! :goodjob:
I felt the need to adjust a few things considering the recent additions to the archive. To begin with, a new model of MD's Temple was created which was much larger than the original model. Therefore, I had to adjust both this one and the one in Lilmoth City. Secondly, those land textures around the temple desperately needed sorting out so I added the siltmoss texture used in nearby-ish Lilmoth and added shadowing so that it now looks a lot better.

Thirdly, I adjusted some of the walkways....although many of them could do with being a little more uniform as, at their current heights, some NPCs will be prevented from moving further as they will be obstructed. Fourthly, I removed many of the bamboo shoots that were clipping through the platforms as opposed to merely their leaves bursting through (which looks good). And fifthly, I provided access via the walkways to some of the ramshackle housing that inhabits the shattered towers.

You will see that there is the occasional interior completed here that I hadn't noticed before (you must have added a few, Deeza!) though lacking lighting. The interiors look pretty damn nice and very rundown (most suitable for Blackrose!).
Thanks IG! I had been meaning to get around to fixing Blackrose's many issues for some time, but it looks like you beat me to it. And a very nice job you made of it too! Yes, there are some interiors, though I forget exactly how many I made.

I believe I also have an esp with even more interiors, I will try to find it and post it.
Okay, cheers. It's a fascinating little city. The surrounding swampland looks particularly interesting as it's all just water, bamboo and trees....very disorientating and very Black Marsh! This makes it particularly nice to come across this little ruined place in the middle of it all. I've been hoping to finish off the small strip of landscaping between the beta and this area for some time as I have very specific plans for it. =)

Btw, I'm not sure because I only whizzed through the place but it may be that you used an 'open' interior model of the houses in some of the interiors. If there are any gaps such as holes in the window and ceiling, it will obviously look odd although it's easily corrected if that proves to be the case....

Edit - I just had an idea. There is a route from below leading to one of the towers that is quite empty except for a pit filled with water and a ladder leading down into the pit. I decided to add Koniption's new bamboo fence model here in order to create an 'oubliette' (Google the word if you don't already know). This effectively locks someone underneath the bamboo fence and, therefore, underneath the water.
Yes, I did use exteriors and blocked off all the holes with wooden parts, because at the time, morcroft hadn't finished the interiors. They were supposed to be replaced later on, but perhaps you prefer the roofs made from wooden slats that I put in instead?
Er yes - I'm afraid morcroft still hasn't finished the interiors. Ho hum: you seem to have survived without them...
True. We won't be needing them for Blackrose any time soon, at least.
Ah well. As long as we get the interiors at some point then we should be okay. I don't want to have a saga similar to Soulrest though where llamaranger disappeared without leaving us interiors....that's still one of the most annoying 'missing-object' situations we have.

However, if you take a look at the post I made above, I had since edited it. I've developed that idea by having a kind of 'sewer entrance' via the oubliette that leads to the Blackrose underground where we can place some of the 'open models' for Blackrose....elsewhere, I'd like to develop a proper prison system but the ladder entrance will eventually lead to the city proper....which is partly underground. You okay with that, Deeza? I've got a little done already but will have to stop to do RL work....
That sounds great so far. Post up some screens when you get a chance to develop it a bit more.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6