Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Establishment Signs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Any news on this, guys? Xae, did you manage to get those questions answered sufficiently so you could continue?
I can continue as it is, however I'd like to get the darkness thing sorted eventually. I seem to recall one side of the Gideon mesh having the same problem. Nevertheless, I'll start putting the Soulrest signs together next.
Cheers for the update, Xae. We'll have to take a look at that darkness thing then...
Trying out a second template for the signs. See the OP.

I reckon we could "solve" the darkness thing by add some kind of lighting on the sides of the sign to illuminate the wooden part. Could also add a time manipulator to this and have them shine particularly during the night. Might give a neat Oblivion-Las Vegas effect.
The new ones look great. From what I can see, I don't really see any issues with this 'darkness' at all. I'd like to take a look at it when you're finished and decide what to do about from there....I'm not particularly keen on a 'Las Vegas' effect tbh.
Las Vegas may have been a bit of an exaggeration. I meant that some subtle illumination would make the signs more visible at night.

Sure, I'll send you the nif/textures at any time you want.
Cool, fire away. Btw, it looks from the screenshots like you already added the signs to the appropriate buildings. That would be very useful. If you could do that with an esp then it will save me a bit of time. No probs if not...
I can add the signs to the appropriate buildings as I progress, that shouldn't be a problem. I take it the city planning pictures are still accurate?

Anyway, I've updated the OP again with the next version of the Soulrest template. I've added some weathering effects, wooden planking and such, and I think that's about as much detail that'll translate into the in-game environment. Now, should I use this layout (emblem on the left, text on the right) for all the signs or should I mix it up a bit between them? Consistency or variety, in other words.

Also, would it be a hassle to change my forum name to just "Xae"?
Yes, these should be accurate with the possible exception of the Gatehouse Blacksmiths and Gatehouse Armoury in Stormhold. I think we ended up switching these but I'm not sure. I could tell you when I'm next in the CS (hurrying to get on to RL work now). Otherwise, I can add those signs myself.

I think keeping the consistency would probably be best although maybe something uber-important might have employ slight changes. For example, making a distinction between government locations such as Embassies and shops/Inns. I'll leave it up to your discretion as you can design these as you see fit.

Sure, you should be able to change your forum name. I think you may have to send a PM to sandor though.

Edit - I just PM'd sandor and requested a name change for you. Also, I forwarded on your 'jungle banner' so we can use it at the top of our forums in future.
Ok, I've updated the OP. Almost all non-Soulrest stuff has been cleared for now, it'll return once the Soulrest stuff is complete.

A few clarifications, just to make sure I get it all right.

Quote:Otiak's Powder Parlour (illicit goods haven)
This establishment has a sign even though it's illegal? Does it pretend to be a legal shop in any way that's relevant to the design of its sign?

Quote:The Topal Tigers (self-styled mercenary and import/export traders...but really they're pirates!)
I assume the sign should look just like it would if they were actually import/export traders. What does "self-styled" mean in this regard?

Quote:Stormhold Port Authority (used for both the UC entrance and the building on the docks)
Is this meant to be "Soulrest Port Authority"?

Quote:Also, should the Sotho Tren manor have a sign? Tren Manor, perhaps?
I need to know what to write on the sign for this. Also, suggestions for an icon would be appreciated. I seem to recall them being bandits or assassins, but someone who really knows their lore should know better what would resemble them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12