Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Various ideas for the message board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As one of the apetizers I would like to propose to use the msg board again. I think its wise to have this tread to use it as a starting point where we can post ideas for small quests that will introduce you into the new silgrad. (I would like to propose in general to convert most quests we have into the new silgrad.. since those ideas are all very good.. with multiple endings etc)

Ideas
- Weedplucking for old people (nice to use both age sliders and high grass together)
- A wedding announcement (no quest at all, but a funny detail...)

-D- Big Grin
Gosh ... it took me ages to find out what you meant with the msg board ... ts, ts ... must be my age.

Excellent idea that is. =)

As I said in the other thread, some of the old stuff should definitely be transferred to STO

Greetings

Quentin
Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
Gosh ... it took me ages to find out what you meant with the msg board ... ts, ts ... must be my age.

Excellent idea that is. =)

As I said in the other thread, some of the old stuff should definitely be transferred to STO

Greetings

Quentin

Voting is over, Quentin. OST won Big Grin sorry, mate.

I wrote a suggestion some time ago on a way to use the function of the notice board in a way that is more noticeable to the player.
- Link
Personally I like my idea, but who doesn't like their own idea, hehe. But I kindof like the notice board idea too, so I don't know. Perhaps one doesn't have to negate the other?
Both ideas are very good. The public board was already placed on the Market Square in ST-TES3 and we should keep it in addition to the employment office in OST.

The board is where the normal citizens can place their requests while the employment office is the more official way to find someone for doing a job.
Quote:Originally posted by Valderon
Both ideas are very good. The public board was already placed on the Market Square in ST-TES3 and we should keep it in addition to the employment office in OST.

The board is where the normal citizens can place their requests while the employment office is the more official way to find someone for doing a job.

Excellent =)

I'd like to do a notice or two that aren't questrelated. One for selling a plow, another being a public notice, or something like that... would be kindof fun to do.
I think that with a little bit of scripting, we can have new quests develop after a month or so. What I mean is that the quests are available only during a certain month, or else they are gone until the month (or season, whatever) comes back around the next time. Once it's complete, it will not be.

It could help retain the original feel of our mod, and alway have something new.
This quest was implimented into the TES3 version.

If we decide to use this quest again in TES4 we can change it up a little bit

It would be funny to have this quest, when the player finds this message as the player in TES3 did, it lead the player to believe their was something more to it, that can be handled the same way

Reference to the past, regardless if the player actually did this quest as the Nerevarine charactor or not

We could overgrow the grounds with more weeds as if it had been infested

The quest giver could say, "Yes we had a person some years ago who did such a terrible job that the weeds grew even faster and stronger and we can't seem to keep them out"

Have the weeds re-spawn so that the message looking for a competent gardner will re-appear 2 or three times, each time the player goes back theirs more weeds

The quest giver will say (after the 3rd time) maybe their is no hope, but will also say "if we could only find a botanist" the player can then go find someone skilled in Botany, the Botanist will give the player the information needed to make a "weed killer potion"

The player will then find the ingredients take those ingredients to the Botanist who will make the weed killer, return to the home and kil the weeds and receive a nice reward (?)

Enjoy
Bob

Enjoy
Bob