Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Desert and Badlands
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think we've established that Elsweyr's desert and badlands region shouldn't just be sand and more sand. Maybe a bit, but not too much.

I've been putting together a set of dryland landscape textures to go with desert retextures of rocks and we should now have a fairly comprehensive badlands landscape set.

Oh, apart from sand. Really must do some sand.

Here's a little trip down into the desert and back to the savannah. Some GC textures for the savannah, with bleached-out versions of the same on more desertey ground. Hope you like it.

[Image: Desert05.jpg]

[Image: th_Desert06.jpg] [Image: th_Desert08.jpg] [Image: th_Desert09.jpg]
[Image: th_Desert07.jpg] [Image: th_Desert04.jpg]
Here are some screenies from my recent test region generations for the Desert and Badlands area of the actual Elsweyr map, using the WIP resource file. I'll say again: I'm a total novice at preset creation, so this will need to be done properly - probably by Sceluk.

However, it may serve as a base for discussion.

Because the central plain of Elsweyr is so flat and sparse, the sightlines in our mod are going to be exceptionally long, and LOD will be critical. After some mucking about I've managed (with Koniption's help) to get the custom speedtrees VWD. I've also created decimated _far.nifs for the bigger custom rocks.

Hope you like 'em.

[Image: MDECTest27.jpg]

[Image: MDECTest28.jpg]

[Image: MDECTest29.jpg]
That is looking ridiculously gorgeous, epic win! Ja-Kha'jay will be unbelievably happy on her return seeing this!