Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Talu Swamp Dungeon: Alten Meirhall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Following this discussion: Extra Argonian Villages?

It was suggested that Alten Meirhall might not be a village, but would instead be one of the Aldmeri wizard towers that used to be scattered all the way along the coasts of Tamriel before being abandoned. The plan was to use helborne's restored ayleid exteriors, with a suitable retexture (I was thinking mossy gold and terracotta). These resources seem to have fallen off the internet, but luckily I beleive I still possess a copy.

Thoughts/comments on this plan?
Yes, I think I have those models too. Helborne seems to have left his work in various locations before his departure. Some of it's still at the Speckled Guar but others are elsewhere. It would need to be a really good retexture job. There is always the possibility of adapting the mossy ruin textures to fit although I think these would be a little different since they're likely to be made of a slightly different set of materials.

However, I'd consider looking further afield for the wizard towers. There have sometimes been top modellers nosing through these forums looking for something that they can really put their stamp on. I'm pretty sure it was either Phitt or mr_siika that expressed an interest if something came up that really matched their skills. I'd love to see leaning towers choked in jungle ivy or something...

I'll issue some new re-texturing claims for now anyway.
Only thing is, these are already in Aldmeri style. But why not ask around? It'll still need to use the Ayleid interiors anyway, so we can always switch the exterior later.
Ah okay. Well, I'd certainly like to see something distinctively original. We're generally lacking some good towers and they'd look good in some of our locations. I think you often need vantage points when the land is so flat.

I'll take a look at the textures anyway. There may be something cool we can do with them to fit them into the swamps a little more effectively.
Did you manage to find anything suitable for these models?
I figured we'd give our marvellous modelling team something to do as we continue to work on other things... =) . I reckon once we get more on the road towards completion of the beta, we'll have a greater need to push to greater heights. No sense in committing to something now when we have such a good modelling team behind us...
Good point...
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
I figured we'd give our marvellous modelling team something to do as we continue to work on other things... =) . I reckon once we get more on the road towards completion of the beta, we'll have a greater need to push to greater heights. No sense in committing to something now when we have such a good modelling team behind us...

Wait, what? I can't take on any more projects right now, Ibsen, fyi. You're best off nudging some other modeler ( mr. siika or Phitt, etc )

Koniption
The real question is whether we go with what helborne already produced (a series of whole Ayleid-style exterior buildings) or try to make something of our own.
Quote:Originally posted by Koniption
I can't take on any more projects right now, Ibsen, fyi.

That's okay. I'm referring to the team as a whole and in view of long-term progress. My main point is that we shouldn't really commit to using what currently exists on Tes Nexus as you never know what can be produced further on down the line.

I think we should go with Helborne's stuff although I'd just like to see if it would be wise to supplement it with some unusual tower...just to give it that unique stamp.
Pages: 1 2