Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Settlement Planning - Ixitoton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This will probably be the first mangrove region settlements that most players encounter. I proposed that it could be a fishing village, and act as the stage for an epic showdown with one of our most powerful monsters, the Swamp Leviathan:

[Xitoton Quest] - Catch of a Lifetime

Let's discuss how we're going to develop this place. What architecture will we use? What sort of style are we going for?
I think either Asashpan or Maupan/Rathilnoag are better suited towards the Leviathan quest as they are both situated around large but not overly populated lakes.

As for Ixototon (and Asashpan, for that matter), I was thinking of the lilmoth architecture again. Although I guess this tileset might start to get overused, we nonetheless do have a lot of variety in architectural styles already and there is the option of LR's collection of huts and/or KP's watertop huts.
I think that's a good idea with regards to switching the location. I've just taken a look at the Lilmoth huts and I think that would be a really good fit for this area, as they're all on stilts.
Is this able to claim? Because i have an idea for modelling some kickass hut for the southern mangrove settlements (we can use these new huts for Asashpan or other fishing / poor villages).

I'll show some picture about my idea, and if you accept me to claim this village.

VR
I am actually halfway through planning this village, and was hoping to claim it also. But maybe we should combine our ideas, and collaborate on this? Some new huts for the mangrove area would be great.

My plan was that the settlement started as a Dunmer slaver ship that ran aground during a storm and the slaves escaped, forming a village. The idea was that it would float just off the south coast, and the centre of the village could be the old ship, with smaller huts and platforms built around it. Does that fit with your ideas?
Your ideas inspiring me a lot, i have some interesting idea now.
I'll show you some new model, asap.
Great! Let me know how you get on. I already have a possible mesh for the ship, so you don't need to make that.
Sounds great, Vintra. And if Deeza doesn't use the model here then it would help to have the model anyway as the whole of Black Marsh's coast (besides the Parchlands) is, to some extent or other, surrounded by mangroves. This means that other settlements around the Southern coastal areas could make use of them.
That's actually a point we might want to discuss. There is currently only one south coast village (Ixitoton). In contrast (as I've previously said) there are rather a lot in the inland areas of the country. Although there are a fair few other locations on the south coast...
Worth giving some thought to anyhow....but I'm looking forward to seeing what Vintra has up his sleeve! =)