Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: PLRI0212 "Chasepoint: Melvala Saram's Home" (Completed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Official 'Black Marsh' Interior Claim: Melvala Saram's Home

[/HR]

Melvala Saram's Home
AVAILABILITY: Completed by Nero

[/HR]

[Image: ChasepointMiddle.jpg]
[Image: 0BMSNMiddleHouse07.jpg]

(Please excuse the unattractive CS screenshots.)

[/HR]

Description & Details

[/HR]

Chasepoint is basically what has been salvaged from a ruin. At one time, Chasepoint stretched quite far out into the river. It's walls encompassed a large dock and, at one time, featured a lighthouse on the land now recognised as Darkmoor. It was the lighthouse that was the first to fall. Being outside of the high walls constructed by Imperial forces, it was taken down by denizens of the swamp. Tales of its demise remain to this day as it is said that the creatures took up residence there and conducted midnight attacks upon the residents.

The rest is down to the Argonian resistance. The nearby Kangumabog was significant in Chasepoint's downfall as a fully functioning trades route. Whereas the Sload N'Gashva was a patron of the likes of nearby Rock Grove and was largely responsible for its financing and construction, Chasepoint was thoroughly Imperial in its outlook. This did not sit well with the native Argonians who regarded the Sload merchant as a less aggressive force than the Imperials. After all, he at least brought wealth to some parts of the country.

So the Eastern side of Chasepoint was razed to the ground during a Naga-boat attack. It is claimed that the Naga themselves formed a temporary truce with their Argonian brothers to make this happen. As the Argonians charged the gates, the Naga slipped through the sluice-gates leading to the port via the river. As the city was in disarrary, the Argonians employed the Naga-boats to send flaming projectiles and even exploding seedpods into the melee with a vicious, albeit thoroughly effective, disregard for their own troops.

Now Chasepoint remains exposed to its most vulnerable side and it still suffers from the horrors that emerge from Darkmoor. Through careful employment of magical charms, it is able to repel these attacks to some degree. The rebuilt lighthouse is now used as a belltower to sound out when suspicious activities are witnessed over the fens. Yet this is clearly a border town with a backs-to-the-wall mentality and, as such, is perfect as a veiled meeting point for the more nefarious characters travelling south from Gideon. Trade still continues but the people here are hardened, highly superstitious and the most hostile towards Argonians that you will ever meet in their native land (even though some still dwell here for reasons of their own).

This interior claim is the home of Melvala Saram, who is quite the most friendly Dunmer you are ever likely to meet...until you find out why. Melvala chose Chasepoint specifically as the perfect place to hide from those who might prosecute her for her role in the persecution and torture of Argonian slaves. As Fenrhyrr is both a powerful ally and one of the most corrupt (and very non-Altmeri) high elves that someone is likely to meet, the two have formed an unusual friendship. Melvala can often be used as a 'honey trap' to lure in unsuspecting travellers into the gambling dens. This inevitably leads to the poor victim losing a substantial amount of funds due to various rigging scams.

Her home is very Dunmer...and she still hates the Argonian scum!

[/HR]

At-a-glance Details

[/HR]
Interior Name: 0BMSNMiddlehouse07
Region: Parchlands/Darkmoor
Settlement: Chasepoint
Architecture: Chorrol Retextures
Exterior cell coordinates: (-21,-19 of the BlackMarshesGideonChildWS)
Claim Size & Difficulty: Easy-Medium (mini-claim).
Inhabitants: The owners have not been created yet.
Mission Connections: None as yet.
NPCs: 1. The NPC must have (full) dialogue and AI. Please choose an appropriate race (this can be discussed, if needs be). Don't forget the pathgrid for them. The NPC is already named but you may change the name if necessary, so please discuss this and other details in the claims discussion thread ('General Info' below). Here is JK's tutorial on dialogue: Dialogue Tutorial .
General Info: Please keep up to date on associated topics in the: Claims Discussion Forums .

[/HR]

How to mod your interior

Interior modding carries with it the same responsibilities as it does on our father project, Silgrad Tower. This means that there will need to be NPCs, Containers, Lighting etc. For a really nice checklist that is very, very thorough, try this one from Zurke: A handy checklist to create an interior for ST . Zurke is the most experienced and prolific interior modder I know of so it's all good advice.

[/HR]

Cluttering your Interior

This, like many of our claims, is a mini-claim which means that you can use the existing vanilla layout or delete everything in there and start over. However, whichever method you choose, you will need to bear in mind the need to replace many of the vanilla items with our own BM objects (whichever are appropriate to the owner and the purpose of the building). For more information about mini-claims, read this: Interiors Strategy .

Please try to use the BM objects as much as possible. And try to consider the story behind the owner of the house (which you may adapt unless stated) and add clutter as appropriate to them and the particular locations. This might include foodstuffs, flora, cutlery, paintings, tribal items, custom furniture, bedding and maybe a desk if this interior involves using the NPC as a trader. There are now LOTS of cultural objects for Argonian dwellings including cupboards, rootchairs and so on but other races can use some of our own items too, especially race-neutral objects such as cutlery, ingredients and books. Please ask or check this thread to find out more: Clutter Advice .

Please remember to light the area. Imperial lighting should mainly be used in Gideon and we have few lighting options that are especially unique so please consider SI lights as well if they fit with the interior. If you have any further suggestions, requests for models and so on then please consult this thread: Furnitures & Clutters or this one: http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=11447. Just ask if you have any special ideas for extra models.

Have fun! :goodjob:
I claim on this
I am on the plane coming back from Sydney so I need something to do so isms I'm allowed I might examine this interior and do some training .
Cheers NR
Hi there Nero,

Ok, good luck with this claim!

I didn't know people could use portable PC's (laptop?) on planes...but then again, I've never flown on a plane since I was, geez, what, 5 years old..(??)

Koniption
Yer lol the lady just asked me to turn it off
I told her there was no Internet on it but she didn't care so I'll try when Wer home

Lol she immediately offered me a hot towel afterwards
Quote:Originally posted by Nero
Lol she immediately offered me a hot towel afterwards

...makes me wonder what sites she saw you browsing... Big Grin

Claim granted. :check:
ha ha very funny

good to see your back from holidays
yep didn't get time today so I'l start tomoz
cheers
NR
Good good. Thanks Nero. I'm looking forward to seeing it. =)
hey, I was wondering IG if you wanted me to do the voice work for her, as i just got a new voice modephier and i will pic and prod at it to see what it is like, if so, i would gladly oblige
Voices would be fine....although we won't be adding them for a while. If you can get her dialogue done then that would be great and I'm sure we could add your voice files later if you wanted to get them done already. Just don't expect to be hearing them for quite some time as it's a long way off that stage... Confusedhrug:
Hi Nero,

Thanks for this and a big, big official welcome to the team. You've proven that you're a proper modder and not a great nobhead like many who pass through here. Big Grin

Just a few pointers in a rough order of importance:
  • Avoid affecting other cells than the one you're working on at all costs! This esp had many asterisks next to a variety of both interior and exterior cells where you had affected something, probably without noticing. It's pretty important that you watch out for this as, although sandor is superb with sorting out errors, there is the chance that something will slip him by because it looks like something that should have been modded but isn't. A good way to tell is to keep on saving regularly but if you venture out of the cells you're working on, keep an eye on the menu bar at the top that contains the name TES Construction Set along with the name of the esp you're working on. If an asterisk appears, it means you have inadvertantly moved something.
  • I renamed the NPC to BMNRMelvalaSaram (we name it BM, then the name of the modder, then the name of the NPC).
  • The Chairs needed to be ones from the 'Furniture' menu or else no one can sit on them.
  • I added a potion and ingredient item to her inventory so that your AI for drinking works properly. You don't have one for eating but I added some other bits anyway.
  • The lighting was probably a bit too bright. Having the interior cell colours set to 80 is probably too much. I tend to go for 25 for each of the . You have more than enough lights in there anyway.
  • It's best to set ownership of the cell to whichever NPC lives there. You can do this by right-clicking on the cell in the 'cell view' window and choosing 'edit'. Go to the 'Interior Data' tab and then select your NPC from the 'Owner NPC' dropdown box.
  • I know you had problems adding stuff (np!) but I added a pathgrid too.

This claim is now completed. :check:

Many thanks, Nero! And congratulations on completing your first claim! May it prove to be the first of many fine things you do for us.... :goodjob:
Pages: 1 2