Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Japanese monsters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have a copy of a book titled "The Great Yokai Encyclopedia:The A-Z of Japanese Monsters." My son used it as a resource for his final project at Japanese Camp this year. He got an A in that class.

I'm thinking this might be a nice resource to pull from if anyone wants to tackle adding in new creatures in Akavir and particularly the Tsaesci area.
Interesting, from a RL standpoint too, mythology of other countries interests me (I'm British). Got any scans you could upload/pictures?

Also, I never knew there was such thing as a Japanese Camp. Sounds interesting... What sort of things do they do there?
No creatures shouldn't be copied directly, instead the focus on the scans should be referencing the style/look, and building on from that to create something Akavirian.
Quite, but this kind of thing can be good for getting the general flavour of weirdness required.
Concordia Language Villages is sponsored by Concordia College in Moorhead Minnesota. Every summer they offer camps ranging from one week to four weeks in specific languages.

My son has gone to one of the Japanese camps for the last two yeasr. He has a good start on learning Japanese and also now has two years of high school language credit. Tom got an A this year and had an absolute blast. I'm quite proud of him.

My daughter will probably be doing Portuguese for high school credit next year and has done the two week programs every year since she was 8 in Spanish and since she was 11 in Portuguese.

I will take a look and find some links I can point to later. My scanner doesn't work very well, but I think a lot of this information is also online. Japan has a very unique and rich history of "Yokai."

Later: I found scads of links. A starting place is Wikipedia, although I am never too sure about accuracy there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y%C5%8Dkai