Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: High rock Side quest #1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok here it goes... so the player is walking around on the Wrothgarian mountains then the player spots a camp on the mountains with tents and redgaurds sitting down eating and some socializing while some are sleeping these redgaurds are dressed in Fur armor then the leader of them walks up to you he's the only on with a helmet made of orc skull and he says "You are a messenger from the wretched?" and you have a choice to say either "Yes I am a messenger from the Wretched" or you can say "No who are the Wretched?" If you pick the lie and say you are the messenger than the leader says "Did your chieftan send you here to make clear of your Tribe's surrender?" then you can say yes or no if you say yes then the leader says "Well you can keep the artifact if it means giving up your dignity" then all of them leave and your quest is over.

If you say no then the leader says then go back to your orc tribe and hide with your cowardly warriors while we stand ready to slaughter every last one of you orc scum" Then you realize that they are againest the orcs of the tribe near by so you can go to the nearby orc village and talk to the chieftan to make a plan on how to destroy the redgaurds on the mountain before they attack the tribe you have to persuade the chieftan in to different plans.

Now if you say"No who are the Wretched?" when he asks you in the begining of quest then the leader will say "oh we don't get many travellers up in these mountains this is a Strategic point for the Hammerfell army, and as for the "wretched ones" their the orcs of the village nearby we are after a fugitive orc named Fruk-nubuluk he stole the Orc Bone urn from the Sentinel Palace this urn is made of the orc queen's bones and has the orc chieftan's ashes in it, this urn was made when the our Yokudan Refugee ancestors took over the last orc settlement in Hammerfell and claimed all of Hammerfell, and these orcs won't hand the fugitive over to us because they sent him all the way to Sentinel to steal the urn so the orcs can reclaim the fallen bones and ashes of their anscestors they will have to burn our king and make an urn with the queen's bones and our king's ashes for them to reclaim their lost dignity, anyways you could help us go down there and try to persuade the Chieftan to hand over the urn if he doesn't hand it over come tell us so we could attack may the gods be with you".

Then you go down to the village and walk up to the chieftan's hut. YOu talk to the chieftan and he immediatly says no as soon as you ask him then you leave the hut and your character looks at all the orcs all living happily just enjoying life their not so bad its only the chieftan you think. Now a choice appears in your journal either to go tell the Hammerfell General that the Chieftan refused to comply and watch the Hammerfell army kill every villager in sight and totally slaughter everyone in that village or you could use your thievery and sneak past the gaurds in the Chieftan's hut and steal the Chieftan's key to the Chieftan's display case and then steal back the Orc bone urn and bring it back to the Redgaurds and lie saying that the Chieftan Complied.

When you get the urn you can either give it to the Hammerfell General or keep it all for yourself and leave the mountains. (this is a bad choice to keep it since it is strictly a lore based item it has no value). As a day passes by and you have the urn the Redgaurds will find you wherever you are in Tamriel and try to kill you and take back the urn(even if you got rid of it).IF you give the general the urn in the first place then he gives you his orc skull helmet and they leave High rock and go back to Hammerfell. (The orc skull helmet has frost resist, 78 armor and its worth 100 gold in High Rock but in Cyrodill its worth 600). Wink
Right, I've had a proper chance to look at this now, and there's definitely potential here. The relationship between the Redguard and the orcs is something we should explore. The basic structure of the quest seems alright for a short quest, but it should be deepened a bit to include more story. A few points though:

1. I'm not sure why the Khajiit thief would be hiding with the orcs. It would make much more sense if it was an orc that stole the artefact.

2. I think the reward size is far too large for a quest like this. If you look at Oblivion, even the biggest quests don't have rewards this large. It needs to be taken down.

3. I'm thinking that rather than a gem, maybe the artefact should be some kind of ancient orc trophy? That would both explain why it was stolen (the orcs wanted to reclaim their ancestor's item) and why the Redguard want it back (because the item was taken as a trophy from the ancient war with the Orcs).
Thanks for the critique deeza, i will edit this quest to perfection next time i get a chance Smile