Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: FG quest: all for Hist and Hist for all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
That's fine.
Dear IG; (I address this to you as i know from the other posts that they are no longer active)
This looks extremely nice. might be hard to do but I think it'd be worth it in the end. I love this idea all in all TBH. I would take this on later once we are ready. If that's cool with you, IG.
Yours Sincerely;
PWN
Sure, we may be a little short of quest-modders in general so, if you wish, the whole FG questline could be made available to you. We'll get going properly with this hopefully in about two weeks when my RL workload decreases and we've had a chance to review things a little more.

The Guild quests, however, do need special attention as, for the beta, we are likely to take the PC up to a point of the overall quests but not complete the full lot. Nevertheless, it does mean that some thought on the story arc as a whole needs considering before we get going with it.
Dear IG;
Coolioes. Though the whole FG quest line seems very intimidating. But I will see what it looks like. Thanks for the reply.
Yours Sincerely;
PWN
P.S It would be hard to script though. So i will look into that soon.
Sure, np. This is likely to be one of the earlier FG quests anyway.

Btw, there's no need to use letter-writing conventions although your politeness is appeciated. :yes:
Dear IG;
I have been brought up this way from birth. And I intend not to gain any bad habits.
But thank you.
Yours Sincerely;
PWN
Big Grin Good good!
Hi IG;

It seems according to this thread Faction Brainstorming Session 4 - Fighter's Guild that this quest might not be suitable for an FG quest but in fact, a misc quest given to you by an automatic conversation, like Paranoia from Skingrad, (one of my favourite quests). But it can still work as one.
Just wanted to let you know.

PWN

P.S I have stopped the entire letter salutations as it got annoying when i broke my index fingers after mid-term exams. They healed quick but they can get stiff, best to avoid the whole needless extra letters.
Sure, it makes sense. And yes, I think it would work best like that.
This quest sounds really great, and I think it has a chance to be put in, if only you would add some more lore-related background, it would be perfect. As example, you should maybe make their camp near a hist tree which they are getting their saps from, which will of course force you to place it somewhat deeper into the marshes. Cause', from what I understand, the Hist are not that common in the Marsh. Also, we as modders of the Black Marsh are not to treat the Hist or their juicy saps lightly, everything has to comprehend with the main story and the lore. The sap indeed makes people go crazy and fight better, but that plot was already used in the vanilla game so reusing eat is like you are recycling an already existing quest. Even though I like the idea, maybe you should make the mercenaries part of the Blackwood Company to make it feel a bit less unlikely (dunno how to spell that word lol). The plot is really good and especially the passing out part rules but you must somewhat work on the background, that last line is mostly my point in this insanely long message.

--Miz
Pages: 1 2 3