Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Nehrim At Fates Edge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Downloading it now. Its a huge 1.6 GB file.

It looks like it could constitute a game as amazing as Oblivion in itself. Every inch of the world looks like it was done by the unique landscapes team. I want to know if it will work with the Oblivion Graphics Extender though.
I downloaded the file to find no BSAs.

You're Joking
Is that the fully translated version that's been released? I helped with some of the translations on it myself....

Let us know how good it is when you manage to get it set up....
It was my crappy internets that lagged out mid download.

Oh well, downloading it again. Luckily I have quite a bit of download quota left.

EDIT: Still an empty Textures BSA.
This is truly amazing. The use of vanilla props with the new ones just make it so much more immersive than Oblivion. Nothing is generic, everything is truly unique.
For instance, a barrel may shoot down a conveyuer belt while the player is walking on it, or a lever may trigger a collapse of a cavern. All beautifully animated.
Sorry Bethesda... SureAIs use of GameBryo > Oblivions use of it.
Thats not saing Nehrim is better than Oblivion though. The chracters are fairly generic and im not sure about the RPG EXP point system.
Landscaping is pants watering. As soon as you exit the first cave and see the wide, lush valley below its likely that your forehead will hit the desk.
Whoa!

If only Beth had used the Gamebryo like this. Then we would have had a game so good...

Going to post some screens of my experiences in the world soon.
Nehrim is good game. Some areas are very detailed and have a lot of atmosphere. On the other hand, it's still a beta version. Some areas have a lot of bleeding trees or just nothing more but textures and not every interior is finished.
The main quest is at least better then the one from vanilla ob.
The biggest disappointment is the lack of dialogue from non main quest characters.
Interesting...I'd love to give it a go but I'm afraid I'll probably be held up with modding and RL work. It would be nice to see a few screenies though...and those animations sound cool...
Here are The Screens

Hm...
So far its been fairly polished but as I venture further into the wilderness things like bleeding and floating trees begin to appear.
Pages: 1 2