Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: RERI0103 "Nu-Tlak: Senten's Gatehouse" (Claimed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Official 'Black Marsh' Interior Claim: Senten's Gatehouse

[/HR]

Senten's Gatehouse
AVAILABILITY: Claimed by DoZeNt

[/HR]

[Image: NuTlakMarshhouse.jpg]
[Image: MarshhouseInterior.jpg]

(Please excuse the unattractive CS screenshots.)

[/HR]

Description & Details

[/HR]

Nu-Tlak is not a settlement, as such. It lies along what is commonly referred to as Rottmere's Folly after the well-known philanthropist, Iulius Rottmere who is responsible for the maps that are largely considered the most reliable of the province. Yet Rottmere was more than this, he was a hero and ambassador for the region and many believe he did more for the Argonians as an Imperial than any Empire ever could by simply listening to them and not judging any part of their ways or beliefs.

He is regarded as the founding father of a more open-minded, accessible Black Marsh, one that has seen open co-operation between beast races and their so-called 'masters'. Yet even heroes such as this have their follies.

Eager to appease the local tribesmen, who were wont to make numerous off-hand remarks about the rigours of life in the Everglades and how difficult it was to transport the exchanged goods from Cyrodiil, Iulius opted to offer them a present. It was a gift that he spent a great deal of time, money and effort researching - a bridge from Blackwood to Murkwood, crossing the narrowest part of the Everglades and thus enabling trade between neighbouring provinces of Black Marsh's wealth of unusual goods.

Yet some tribesfolk regarded it as an imposition, another way that the Imperial menace was threatening the Hist. Having suffered the devastation of the region now known as the Parchlands, they were in no mood to tolerate this and the bridge was destroyed. Such was their rage, Iulius himself might have lost his life were it not for the intervention of a party of Argonian sympathisers. The structure of the bridge yet remains but in some conditions of disrepair and closed to outsiders. To this end, the guardians of the Eastern lands were appointed to watch over the bridge - a bridge that came to be known as 'Rottmere's Folly' though the Argonian name for the location was 'Nu-Tlak'.

This interior claim is the home and workplace of Senten, who guards the Murkwood end of the bridge. His principal task is to record all traffic to and from the West and he does so by patrolling the area around the edge of Murkwood, a task that is not envied by many. On his books, you will find that not many pass through at all, especially not those of anything other than Argonian descent although such names as Deeza, Xae, Koniption and Ibsen are frequently mentioned in the log....even though it is claimed that Ibsen died many years ago (something to do with Bhuru magic?).

[/HR]

At-a-glance Details

[/HR]
Interior Name: BMNatNuTlak02IG
Region: Rottmere Everglades
Settlement: Nu-Tlak
Architecture: Glenbridge Marsh House
Exterior cell coordinates: (-3,-1 of the BlackMarshes WS)
Claim Size & Difficulty: Medium-Hard.
Inhabitants: The owners have not been created yet.
Mission Connections: None as yet .
NPCs: 1. The NPC must have (full) dialogue and AI. Please choose an appropriate race (this can be discussed, if needs be). Don't forget the pathgrid for them. The NPC is already named but you may change the name if necessary, so please discuss this and other details in the claims discussion thread ('General Info' below). Here is JK's tutorial on dialogue: Dialogue Tutorial .
General Info: Please keep up to date on associated topics in the: Claims Discussion Forums .

[/HR]

How to mod your interior

Interior modding carries with it the same responsibilities as it does on our father project, Silgrad Tower. This means that there will need to be NPCs, Containers, Lighting etc. For a really nice checklist that is very, very thorough, try this one from Zurke: A handy checklist to create an interior for ST . Zurke is the most experienced and prolific interior modder I know of so it's all good advice.

[/HR]

Cluttering your Interior

This, like many of our claims, is a mini-claim which means that you can use the existing vanilla layout or delete everything in there and start over. However, whichever method you choose, you will need to bear in mind the need to replace many of the vanilla items with our own BM objects (whichever are appropriate to the owner and the purpose of the building). For more information about mini-claims, read this: Interiors Strategy .

Please try to use the BM objects as much as possible. And try to consider the story behind the owner of the house (which you may adapt unless stated) and add clutter as appropriate to them and the particular locations. This might include foodstuffs, flora, cutlery, paintings, tribal items, custom furniture, bedding and maybe a desk if this interior involves using the NPC as a trader. There are now LOTS of cultural objects for Argonian dwellings including cupboards, rootchairs and so on but other races can use some of our own items too, especially race-neutral objects such as cutlery, ingredients and books. Please ask or check this thread to find out more: Clutter Advice .

Please remember to light the area. Imperial lighting should mainly be used in Gideon and we have few lighting options that are especially unique so please consider SI lights as well if they fit with the interior. If you have any further suggestions, requests for models and so on then please consult this thread: Furnitures & Clutters or this one: http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=11447. Just ask if you have any special ideas for extra models.

Have fun! :goodjob:
claimed
Granted, doz! :check:
Completed by "Zabvenie" (DF)
Zabvenie...? Would you like me to add him to the team? Is he sticking with us or just working on a claim or two?

Either way, thanks a lot to Russian Argonia....two really useful pieces of work here. I'll try to give it a check-over tonight.
Well yeah, just add him to the Russian team.
Done.

I got sidetracked by Lilmoth again tonight and didn't have time so I'll have to give this a check tomorrow now.
I haven't forgotten about this....just very busy.
That was weird! There were three esps in the .rar file you sent me... ?(

I loaded up intererBlackMarh.esp first and, I have to say, it's not a good job. It's very, very sparse with no rugs, few pictures, no path-gridding and very unusual choices of lighting. There are also floating objects as shown in the pics, a painting on the wall turned round by 90 degrees and both it and the Argonian head are clipping into the wall.

The gypsy lantern in the fourth shot is an odd choice of light as it should be hanging from something and doesn't really fit here. Nor does the Argonian head (it's an Argonian dwelling and Argonians would find putting a dead kinsman on the wall distasteful) and I'm not so sure about the mushroom beds for this dwelling as they're intended for Paatru dwellings or very small huts / Paatru dwellings.

I then loaded up argo.esp which had only a cupboard on two of the floors and, on the ground floor, a blacksmiths bellows and two training boards for swords and archery...which don't match with the function of this interior... ?(

up.esp fared little better as it had a painting and a light on two floors with one of those containing an extra crate and the other a table and two chairs with some cutlery and ingredients.

Even if all three files were merged, it would make for a very uninspired interior. I think Zabvenie needs more practice, to be honest. :yes:

Could you explain to him/her what the claims information says and where the various items are? He/she also needs to know about what items are appropriate. I would say take a look around or ask questions but the language barrier may prove too difficult here....
Wtf??? I personally checked this one it was full of everything... I'll see what can be wrong a bit later.. Gotta dive into study quite strong.
Pages: 1 2