Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Some info from Morrowind
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was playing Morrowind lately and when I checked the rumours the NPC told me:I hope that we will get wood and gold from Blackmarsh soon.So my idea is a gold mine and village of woodcuters.
Quote:Originally posted by Catlemur
I was playing Morrowind lately and when I checked the rumours the NPC told me:I hope that we will get wood and gold from Blackmarsh soon.So my idea is a gold mine and village of woodcuters.

That's interesting!

But one question: could that rumor have come from any mods you might have had installed for Morrowind? If not, then you're on to something.

And that rumor makes sense too. Valenwood Wood Elves do not cut down or harm plants/trees in Valenwood...soo getting wood from there is rather difficult.

Yet, Blackmarsh has plenty of trees too, and no such taboos about cutting down plants/trees. So I can truly see Blackmarsh being a source of lumber/wood.

Means we might can add gold nuggets and other rumor-related features to Blackmarsh....

Koniption
...but it's probably the invading Dunmer cutting down the trees. I can't imagine the Argonians doing it, at least not in great quantities.
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
...but it's probably the invading Dunmer cutting down the trees. I can't imagine the Argonians doing it, at least not in great quantities.

It's an official 'Imperial' rumor (you'll only hear it in Ebonheart, like the rumor about the Emperor being sick/heirs being doblegangers, etc), it's more likely that the Empire has it's own lumberyards in Blackmarsh (similar to how it has Empire-owned Ebony mines in Vvardenfell).
Quote:Originally posted by Koniption
Quote:Originally posted by Catlemur

That's interesting!

But one question: could that rumor have come from any mods you might have had installed for Morrowind? If not, then you're on to something.

And that rumor makes sense too. Valenwood Wood Elves do not cut down or harm plants/trees in Valenwood...soo getting wood from there is rather difficult.

Yet, Blackmarsh has plenty of trees too, and no such taboos about cutting down plants/trees. So I can truly see Blackmarsh being a source of lumber/wood.

Means we might can add gold nuggets and other rumor-related features to Blackmarsh....

Koniption
Well,no I do not have any mos installed.
I searched through the morrowind dialog for references to black marsh, here are the relevant entries:

Quote:"Peace in Black Marsh" "A sailor from Soulrest says he heard the Expeditionary Force has put down the tribal uprisings in Black Marsh. He says local traders expect exports of gold and timber to resume after the plantations and mines are rebuilt."

"Black Marsh" "Most of the native Argonian population of Black Marsh is confined to the great inland waterways and impenetrable swamps of the southern interior. There are few roads here, and most travel is by boat. The coasts and the northwestern upland forests are largely uninhabited. For ages the Dunmer have raided Black Marsh for slaves; though the Empire has made this illegal, the practice persists, and Dunmer and Argonians have a long-standing and bitter hatred for one another."

"Argonians" "We are counted among the First Peoples. Our homeland is Argonia, or Black Marsh, in Imperial speech. I am a poor example. My parents were bound in slavery, and I have lived in Morrowind all my life. Like other Argonians who have accepted Imperial ways, I am much like any other Imperial citizen. But to be honest, we have always been a private, even secretive people, and I am not comfortable speaking in this manner. You might do better to look in books, if you are curious."

"club" "The club is usually a crude, improvised one-handed blunt weapon common among less technologically sophisticated cultures like the Argonians, but it also a cheap and effective militia weapon used with a light shield in Cyrodiil and the Western provinces."

"slavery" "Argonians abolitionists are outraged that the Empire does so little to suppress persistent illegal cross-border slave raiding in southern Morrowind."

"Argonian" "We are the People of the Root, called 'Argonians' by the warmbloods. We go where we will, wet or dry, and the currents of blood magic run swift in our veins. In our native land, we hunt to live, masters of the marshes. Hunted and enslaved by softskinned enemies, we snare and slay them by stealth, spell, and steel."

"Not his real name" "Well, of course. It's just a translation from the Argonian. That ["hides his eyes"] would translate to something like Hajeekius, Hajesheeus, maybe Haj-Ei. Literal translations can get a little awkward sometimes. Most folks don't bother to learn the language of these savages; they find it too hard to pronounce. For me, though, it makes business a little bit easier."