Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Beta Landscaping Claims
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
For all beta landscaping, I will assume that I will be doing them unless someone would like to claim them. If this is the case, please let me know and help would be much appreciated.

It should be noted that beta landscaping is, for the time being, going to stretch as far as x co-ordinate 4 which will allow some previews of the mainland regions to take place. Therefore, everything needs to be landscaped up to this co-ordinate along the x axis. Rather than being a third of the whole worldspace, as originally planned, this will be a represent about a full half that is able to be visited in the beta.

As things stand, Throttlemesh Myre and the Talu Swamps have been completed, leaving Murkwood and the Vudai Marsh yet to be landscaped up to this point....with the Arnesian Jungle yet to be looked at....

As of today, I finished the beta area of the Soutern regions and have begun on Murkwood and the Vudai Marshes by correcting the land textures for them. The tree city of Murkwood is not likely to be accessible in the beta but it may be seen from afar...which I think should work well....
While studying at MSU I found out that landscaping must follow some laws of gegraphy. Of course this doesnt play a big role in computer games, but still, keeping the geolandscaping theory in mind could make things more realistic.
This came up on the Bethesda thread a while back whilst discussing the Panther River. We're realistic enough, methinks. :yes:
There's magic in the game. No one cares about realism.
This is the little bit of Murkwood landscaping that needed to be done for the beta. It's a very thin strip of the actual region but the white parts are now landscaped. You can see the shape of Murkwood's outline with the rose cells on the right unmodded but the white ones to the left now done.

Everything up to x co-ordinate 4 and South of y co-ordinate 0 is now fully landscaped. X co-ordinate is basically a clean line through the worldspace map that is roughly half of the full thing.
I finished landscaping this small beta-strip of Murkwood. :check:

I'll move on to the Vudai Marshes later.
I started work on the landscaping of the Vudai Marshes. The screenies this time around are likely to be pretty damn fine with my new PC up-and-running. =)

And, hey, modding is so much smoother on this thing....
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
I started work on the landscaping of the Vudai Marshes. The screenies this time around are likely to be pretty damn fine with my new PC up-and-running. =)

And, hey, modding is so much smoother on this thing....

Hell yeah! :lmao:
Hahah! Yay!

KP
Quote:Originally posted by DoZeNt
Hell yeah! :lmao:

Big Grin

Just FYI, we will have three known locations in the Vudai Marsh beta regions including Ossasoit (which lies quite neatly on the border between the Vudai Marsh, Blackwood and the Everglades; it will probably be a mossy ruin), Utateki (not sure about this one) and Monago-Oag (not sure about this one either).

I think we should nevertheless exhibit some of Vintra's Sarpa nests for one of these, even if the Sarpa themselves have 'fled the roost' to perhaps escape persecution. I had also previously marked out this borderland region as being the most preferred region for situating Fort Swampmoth (a decision based on a combination of both lore and suitability to the BM map).

I was considering the possibility of somehow merging the IMPEreal Oblivion mod project, Unique Forts, for use as Fort Swampmoth. I have contacted the modder, 'SilentResident' about this and hope we can either merge the interiors of his work (and maybe more) or have either he or PRETTYFLY (who he works with) come to us and develop it independently. Having looked at Fort Bouayard in the mod here: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=22965 , I noticed that there was an interior setup featuring guards being overrun by Clannfear....which could be very easily adjusted to guards (perhaps of a different sort such as the Royal Faction, who may have taken over the place) and our own Fear lizards.
Pages: 1 2 3