Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Ra'athrim architecture
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There was once, a thousand or more years ago a minor House Mora that worshipped Sithis and was known for its assassins. After its disappearance, one of its clans, Ra'athrim, merged with House Hlaalu. Helseth is of this lineage.
Well, in TES4: Vvardenfell's Helseth Conspiracy mini-mainquest, Helseth's agents, guards, and hired swords are doing some of their stuff on a small island. They smuggle stuff and also hold political prisoners on the island.
On the island is an ancient Ra'athrim fortress, and is now refurnished and refortified by his lackies. The fortress was on a plateau and when Vvardenfell island was created and the Inner Sea formed, the cliff became an isle

so... I was wondering, as I saw somewhere that Razorwing's building tileset was supposed to be Ra'athrim, whether TES4 Vvardenfell could either borrow that, or we could all come up with a Ra'athrim architecture for all to use.....?

My guess is that we should look at their past. They used to be part of House Mora. I'd expect their homes to be timbered as they are a forest clan. However, the Ra'athrim clan merged with the Hlaalu. And as we know, the Hlaalu have an adobe/mud-brick style bloack houses; similar but not quite like the Velothi style of buildings.
Perhaps the Ra'athrim architecture could be a Hlaalu-Velothi style but with more timber. Timber to support the bricks, and timber plastered in adobe or a sort of mud-cement. I think that might work well too.

suugestions, ideas, etc. all welcome :yes:
I'll work my tileset into a unique location I'll create in Silgrad Tower. Smile
but is that tileset supposed to be a unique minor house architecture?
We'll see. *covers everything in a shroud of mystery*
well, in that case, i will start working on Ra'athrim architecture concept art...
*takes out a fan to blow away the shrouds of mystery*
Cool. :goodjob:
[Image: housemora1he.jpg]
Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
no no no...
House Mora is WAY before Helseth...

but I drew in... so then I can start the process of progress...
as in... then I could see.... hey, the House Mora had a clan called Ra'athrim.... they merged with Hlaalu....
*add Hlaalu elements to the architecture*
and then the Hlaalu became more of the city-type...
*add city-like styles to the architecture*
hmm....

what I am going to try to make is Ra'athrim architecture... a unique blend of Hlaalu and Mora, being very city-like yet seeming very ancient in style....
what us it for? well Helseth's agents have a secret island between Vvardenfell and the mainland... this is where political prisoners and smuggling and other stuff is kept... Helseth keeps Guards, thugs, assassins, and agents here...

Ra'athrim architecture