Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Any animation expert around?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am having some trouble exporting animations to .kf format from blender, so I was wondering, is there anyone knowledgeable about animations in the ST team?
Quote:Originally posted by Anastassia
I am having some trouble exporting animations to .kf format from blender, so I was wondering, is there anyone knowledgeable about animations in the ST team?

Hi Anastassia,

Yes, one of those people is me. Wink

Granted, I've only exported pure bone transform animation kfs once from Blender, because I haven't needed to export kfs again, since that time. But I'm pretty sure I know enough to repeat my success in that area. I've also exported morph animations from Blender.

I also know how top set up various animation types using NiControllerManagers, in Nifskope. I've not worked with particle animations, extensively, though.

Sooo, to your issue:

1) What exactly are you trying to achieve, animation-wise? If it's confidential, you can PM the details to me.

2) If you already have a Blender save file (Blender "scene") with the animation(s) set up, please send me that save file, so I can see where things went wrong for you. You can send it via PM, as well, if you want.

3) Also, what versions of the following programs are you using?:

*Blender
*Blender NifScripts
*Python
*PYFFI

Koniption
Hello Koniption, thank you for addressing my post =), but some people at the niftools forums helped me get past it, so I won't bother you further with this anymore.
Hello Koniption, thank you for addressing my post =), but some people at the niftools forums helped me get past it, so I won't bother you further with this anymore.

Ok, no problem! Good to hear you have your issue sorted out.

Koniption
Koniption, do you happen to have any experience using ENUM function in nikskope?. I cannot make it work :poorme:
Koniption, do you happen to have any experience using ENUM function in nikskope?. I cannot make it work :poorme:

Do you mean the "Enum" function used in the "NiTextKeyExtraData" of animations, when viewed in Nifskope? If so, yes, I have some experience with them.

What exactly are you trying to use Enums for, to accomplish? To call sound effects? Other?

If this is a creature or NPC animation, what is the name of the kf animation (i.e. casttarget.kf, idle.kf, other)?

Koniption
Quote:Originally posted by Koniption

Do you mean the "Enum" function used in the "NiTextKeyExtraData" of animations, when viewed in Nifskope? If so, yes, I have some experience with them.

What exactly are you trying to use Enums for, to accomplish? To call sound effects? Other?

If this is a creature or NPC animation, what is the name of the kf animation (i.e. casttarget.kf, idle.kf, other)?

Koniption

Yes, I am trying to get an animation to show facial expression, the animation is a custom "loiter idle" I made. I was told to insert a new text key, and in its value line insert the FaceGen data in the "ENUM: Face BlinkRight 100 0.5 2.5 0.2" form, but it's not working. If you know what I am doing wrong, could you please tell? :poorme:
Yes, I am trying to get an animation to show facial expression, the animation is a custom "loiter idle" I made. I was told to insert a new text key, and in its value line insert the FaceGen data in the "ENUM: Face BlinkRight 100 0.5 2.5 0.2" form, but it's not working. If you know what I am doing wrong, could you please tell? :poorme:
It's been a long time since I've done any of this kind of stuff, so I might be right off target here.

I can't remember if the facial expressions are linked to a bone, but if so it's possible the priority of that bone is lower in your animation than that of the anim playing beforehand. If so, raising the correct bone priority could sort out the issue. If I remember correctly, though, you can set idles to take control of the entire skeleton in the CS, so maybe it's worth trying that if you haven't already to make sure nothing else is overriding your animation.
Quote:Originally posted by nick_op

It's been a long time since I've done any of this kind of stuff, so I might be right off target here.

I can't remember if the facial expressions are linked to a bone, but if so it's possible the priority of that bone is lower in your animation than that of the anim playing beforehand. If so, raising the correct bone priority could sort out the issue. If I remember correctly, though, you can set idles to take control of the entire skeleton in the CS, so maybe it's worth trying that if you haven't already to make sure nothing else is overriding your animation.

I don't know either if the facial expressions are linked to a bone or not, but whether it is or not, I doubt that could be the culprit here, since the animation playing beforehand is a custom idle stance I made and set all bones priorities to 20, whereas the loiter idle's bone priorities are all of 23.

Thank you for replying though. Smile

Hmm, I have not worked extensively with calling facial morphs using Enums...

According to this tutorial..: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/ind...animations

..you seem to have typed in legitimate stuff in the NiTextKeyExtraData

I DO know, that if you have too many, or too few, spaces (using spacebar) between letters or even words in the NiTextkeyExtraData field, that it will stop that field from working. I'm not sure, but I think the case of letters matters too - uppercase vs lowercase letters.

If you want, I can take a look at your idle animation. You can PM it to me. I'll try to troubleshoot it on my end.

Koniption
Pages: 1 2