Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Some Landscaping sweets...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'' just post some forms of landscape which could perfectly suit BM...

"Karst" refers to landforms dominated by bedrock � typically limestone or less often dolomite � that is susceptible to chemical erosion from naturally occurring carbonic acid. Karst topography is sometimes divided into three distinct forms: 1) Caribbean, 2) Temperate, and 3) Tropical.

Tropical karst occurs in humid tropical regions with much topographic relief and is distinctly characterized by steep, rounded hills known as haystacks or mogotes (in parts of the Spanish-speaking Caribbean) and areas of "feral relief" (literally "relief gone wild") with steep, nearly vertical rock formations as seen in the Stone Forest of Yunnan, China. In addition to China, good examples of tropical karst can be seen in the Dominican Republic, Jamaica (especially well know for its "cockpit" country), and Puerto Rico.
[Image: i_003.jpg][Image: i-529.jpg][Image: KoPhingKanRockMediumAngle.jpg]
Huh, I think having such landscape features would be a good idea, to be honest.

So these limestone rocks and cliffs are characterized by lots of holes and caves eroded into the stone? That's pretty neat, actually.

I *might* get around to modeling something like that. But no promises. Unless, of course, someone else wants to make something like this.

Koniption
Thanks, KP.

These landscape forms actually need a lot of time to construct. The coastal Karst is caused by waves. Others (including most caves) are the result of chemical denudation.
I'd pretty much decided on using the Thai islands as inspiration for the Eastern shores so this is almost certain to appear. I had my own ideas as to how this would pan out but it basically involves quite a lot of shallow water and lichen-ridden ridges with tall stony structures built all around like a massive warren.

I created a small set-up previously using the mania rocks and some of KP's new ones but I didn't take any screenies at the time as it was just an experiment...it looked good though. The question in my mind was whether to stick to the mania textures or introduce my own but I've got some pretty awesome textures for the rocks so I think I'll go for the latter.

There are a few accounts of the South-Eastern shoreline being a bit like jungle so I figured I'd have vines and such stretched across chasms with perhaps a multi-level effect that allows you to either cross over the rocks or wind your way through the rocky structures below.