Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Exclusive news about The Elder Scrolls V (spoof)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Due to an unfortunate accident, you lapse into a coma and awake today, in the spring of 2010. Without further ado you surf over to elderscrolls.com to read the latest developments on The Elder Scrolls V. What lessons do you think Bethesda learned from Oblivion? Here are my sarcastic scryings. Wink

Quote:Originally posted by Pete Hines
"After we released Morrowind we decided that spears, throwing weapons and crossbows were the weapons least favored by gamers. And after we released Oblivion we decided that blunt weapons and short swords were the least favourite weapons, so now you get sword, axe and bow. But they look so cool! There's only so much time we can spend on a game and we want to focus on the things that look good in screenshots."

Quote:Originally posted by Mark Nelson
"You just can't beat the kind of coverage we got for Oblivion at E3 back in 2005, so we're going to overshoot the graphics this time around too and dull them down later."

Quote:Originally posted by Gavin Carter
"We couldn't be happier about the profit margins on the mods we sell, so we're expanding that concept for TES V to cover screenshots, interviews and system specs. I mean, if you want to pay for it you'll pay for it, if you don't that's your choice. No one is forcing you to pay if you don't want to."

Quote:Originally posted by Pete Hines
"The official release date is still Summer 2010 no matter what the previews say. I mean, we tell them the actual release date, which is April 20th... why else do you think it's in the page header of every interview we give? But we deny it afterwards and point to our faq. Keeps the lock-happy moderators on our forum satiated and content."
whoa, I never knew you could be so amusingly sarcastic!
hehehe, what a critic... wow, you really beatt them up

...I especially like: "You just can't beat the kind of coverage we got for Oblivion at E3 back in 2005, so we're going to overshoot the graphics this time around too and dull them down later."
Hehe, very clever. I sure hope these talents only reach as far as witty sarcasm, because if you're a prophet I would be very sad. Now just wait, in five years we'll look back at this and wonder how you were so amazingly correct. :yes:
:lmao:

I think the bald is getting to your brain
Hehe thanks Big Grin

By the way isn't anyone here ever going to BUY Oblivion instead of just talking about it? I picked up my copy yesterday!

[GALLY]lucky_bastard_hehe.jpg[/GALLY]
Okay, since I can't get it till 3/20 I'll give you the settings and give me a copy until I can buy the regular version. :lmao:
Yup, people who work in game stores and get promotional display boxes are in a great position to make funny screenies Big Grin
I wish it was me in the screenie, but alas, just something I found on the net. Tongue
Don't forget the fact that the final "boss" will be a bearded melee fighter wielding a staff who recalls and levitates everywhere, with beutiful physics enabled clothing and hair.
Hah. I wouldn't be surprised.

Great spoof.
Quote:Originally posted by Caligula Superfly
Don't forget the fact that the final "boss" will be a bearded melee fighter wielding a staff who recalls and levitates everywhere, with beutiful physics enabled clothing and hair.

He he Big Grin

Hmm, I sure hope there's backdoors for the mod community to fix some of the things Bethesda didn't have time to implement. Or that the company includes them in a commercial mod or expansion pack.

One thing I don't get is why they nixed the recall spell (did they?) because it's nice to use it when you're loosing a fight, something which you can't do with the fast-travel system.
Pages: 1 2