Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The Chat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just made a few changes to the forum's chat rooms. You should no longer see the banner overlap with the chat text, which means it is now much more usable Big Grin. Would anyone care to test it out for me and confirm? =)
Appears to be working fine !

Enjoy
Bob
It works,

Big Grin
I dont believe I had been there before. A little hard to find Smile

The chat pane looks fine. But the refresh rate needs picking up I think, it seemed quite slow to register text. Is that a PHP based chat?

Happy New Year
Charles
Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
The chat pane looks fine. But the refresh rate needs picking up I think, it seemed quite slow to register text. Is that a PHP based chat?
[strike]I believes it's Java.[/strike] It's PHP, you're right. Smile Although the refresh rate shouldn't be too difficult to change. I don't want to speed it up too much (just in case it was set up like that for a reason), but one little bit at a time shouldn't hurt. Smile

Edit: Hm, well, it seems for me that if the refresh rate is increased too much, it'll in fact take longer to load because it's still catching up from previous refreshing. I don't want to burden the site (or its users) too much, so I set it from 8 seconds to 5 seconds for the time being.
NP TID. It must be my connection because it was more like 1 minute or more Smile

8 or 5 seconds should not be an issue.

Happy New Year
Charles
I have the same loading issue, no improvement after changing the refresh rate.