Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: [FORUM] Gally and other buttons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To make it easier and more convenient for our members, and indeed myself as well, to use the Gallery as an alternative to attaching images I've created a new set of buttons.

If you click on the GallyDrop button, the gallery upload form opens in a new window.
[blockquote]Assuming you've taken a couple of seconds to create a gallery account, and tick the "Remember me" box on the gallery login page, the upload form should be accessible to you indefinitely through the GallyDrop button.[/blockquote]
It's pretty straight-forward - click the Browse button, select the picture or other file, click Continue, then click it again on the confirmation page, select an album (and optionally enter more info) and finally click continue again and then it's done.

To get the filename into your computer's clipboard, what I usually do myself is to select the file, press F2 on the keyboard and then CTRL+C. If you named the file something simple you can probably type it from memory instead. Now click the Gally button and press CTRL+V in the pop-up window and hit return. Don't forget the file ending! Presto, it's done! Big Grin

There are two obvious advantages to using gally's. One is that you can have as many hyperlinked thumbnails as you want in a single post. The other is that the images can be referenced anywhere on the silgrad.com network or indeed anywhere on the internet, as opposed to attached images which are locked from outside access.

royalblue[/HR]

I added a few more buttons as well while I was at it.

[Image: bbcode_sup.gif] = superscripts the text, i.e. makes it smaller and aligns it at the top of the text row. Especially useful for mathematical numbers like cubic metre.

[Image: bbcode_hr.gif] = Adds a horisontal rule, which can act as a divider. The blue line between the gally stuff and this stuff is a line created that way. When you click the button you're supposed to enter the color of the line, which can be text (i.e. black) or hexadecimal (i.e. #000000).

[Image: bbcode_1st.gif] = Adds a fancy letter like the ones on the website, which gets leftaligned with the rest of the text flowing to the right of it. You need a pretty meaty paragraph for it to look good.

[Image: bbcode_title.gif] = Right-aligns the text, makes it bold, and adds a black horisontal line below. Titles can be an alternative to using the [Image: bbcode_hr.gif] function if you want to convey both a divider and information. Like the title for a chapter in a novel, to take an example.
This is awesome. Thanks, it makes it a lot easier. :goodjob:
What made you use the name Gally? It's kind of funny. :lmao:
Thanks. Smile
I just needed something that was both succinct enough to fit on the button template, but also tied in with the word "gallery", and couldn't be confused with the img ubbcode.

Btw if someone feels like making better icons that'd be sweet. The ones that came with the forum looks a bit too "Windows 3.0" for my taste.

Edit: Since a new set of fancy letters are in the wings I removed them from the smiley table. Also changed the size of the pop-up smiley table so it's much higher as well as not breaking horisontally.
cool stuff!