Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Small Questline Idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Today I had this idea for a short questline. It wouldn't involve joining a faction but it would be a fair project in itself to work on, but when I finish my mock exams I'd love to start working on it myself.

This is really hard to explain but I'll do my best to do it as best I can.

blue[/HR]

Basically there was this adventurer (I haven't thought of any names yet) who made several deals with some of the Daedra Princes to seek immortality.

He learnt from them the different things he requires to do so but lacked the manpower to acheive it alone. As a result, he acquired several followers and claimed himself to be a 'prophet' of one of the nine, and through mind tricks and propaganda, they believed him.

He sends them out on missions (which are basically crimes) to do the things he needs to repay the Daedra Princes but tells his disciples that he is speaking the words of the Nine, and his ultimate objective is to repay the Daedra and acheive his immortality.

This is where the player comes in.

In Silgrad City there could be a private detective agency currently investigating into several crimes, all apparently unrelated. Ultimately it all turns out to be the same cult doing the bidding of the Prophet.

The player will go on several quests around the ST land, firstly investingating the crimes but in the end, tracking down the cult to their lair and killing their leader.

blue[/HR]

I have got other ideas and more details floating around but I want to find out what you guys' thoughts are.

What do you think?
:goodjob: I really like the concept, interested in hearing more details.

Private or Guard detectives? Or would it matter? If private, who would be the person to hire the agency to investigate this (I assume they're in this for profit, right Big Grin)?
Thanks! Smile

Quote:Private or Guard detectives?
I'm not sure. It could be either.

If it's private, I guess it could be a relative of someone who's gone missing hiring for one case, someone who may have been the victim of a robbery for another etc. that kind of thing.

All different to appear unrelated.

They would get a commission for it, but in the agency there would be two or three detectives investigating different things who have different personalities.
The chief detective could be just trying to find the leads and get the job done, one detective could just want to get paid and the other could be fascinate by the details and not care about the money.

I'll post more details tomorrow. It's getting quite late.
Howdy

:goodjob:

I wrote a quest similar to this some time ago (for another game)

I would like to help and share my ideas if you are up for it

Enjoy
Bob
That would be great, bob! Smile

I've been thinking about it, and I have ideas for his pacts with the Daedric Princes:

- Firstly. in his search for immortality, he prayed to Clavicus Vile, the Prince of Pacts and Rituals who told him that he needed 4 things for his ritual to gain immortality.

1. Eternal Knowledge - this is in the form of a special book, so he prayed to Hermaeus Mora, the Prince of Knowledge who gave him a task - to gain that much knowledge requires that sacrifice of other knowledge, so he sends his recruits to libraries and temples to steal the books and burn them on an altar to him. These thefts are one of the crimes the detectives are investigating.

2. Eternal Life - this is in the form of a crystal embedded in an amulet, so he prayed to Meridia, the Daedric Prince of life energy who gave him a task but this one he had completed long ago and used the crystal to live long enough to continue finding the others. The prophet will be wearing this around his neck, probably fortifying health, making him harder to kill in the final battle.

3. Eternal Power - this is in the form of a sword, so he prayed to Molag Bal, the Prince of Dominion - his task was to trap the souls of five people from different parts of society - a merchant, a priest, a slave, a guard and a 'king' (by this I mean someone in a position of power and authority). He sends out his followers to go and kidnap them and trap their soulds on an altar to Molag Bal.
This can offer two quests - one is investigating these disappearances and the other is stopping the last one - the 'king' by preventing the assassination of Areya in Soluthis.

4. Blood - the offering to Clavicus Vile himself, as life comes at the price of death, so he gathers many followers in a recruiting dungeon for the more loyal of his recruits to kill the others and bring their blood to the Prophet.
This is a continuous sacrifice so if he stops offering blood, he loses immortality. One quest could involve finding and shutting down his recruiting operation to weaken him in the final battle.
Another thought - which divine should he claim to represent?

I'm thinking that if we can get the Lumen Julianii meshes sorted out, he could claim to be a prophet of Julianos and his lair could be in a giant cavern containing a long lost underground cathedral beneath Lumen Julianii.

Maybe we could expand the lore about this possibility and add some literature about this location being lost for years since the Empire's invasion of Morrowind and Lumen Julianii was constructed upon the holy site it was supposed to be located at.
That would be an excellent choice for the diety

and would fit into the existing quest for juliano's which was never added

In the Morrowind Version of Silgrad a quest was written for Lumen Julianii that when like this

Basic

A Scholar of the Juliano's travelled from Windhelm to Lumen Juliano to take over as high priest, on his way he met with some old friends north of Soluthis, as they were having a meal they discussed the scholars plans for the Catherdral, this conversation was overheard by a not so good Imperial Thief, who (as luck would have it for your quest)
had the desire to become immortal and had already discussed his desire to several necromancers who made attempts to call upon a daedra prince for him and met with unfortunate failure causeing their deaths (the necro's)

**we must remember that juliano's is a secret temple that most do not know of, so most people would not know where it was located***

The thief followed the scholar to a place just outside the catheral grounds and then killed him, taking his posessions he assumed the identity of the scholar and layed claim to the leadership of the church

thats it in a nutshell, the rest of the quest was the player discovering the ruse and finding the evidence and then of course killing the thief

using this if you will, it would follow into your idea very nicely I think as part of your quest idea

Edit Note *****

Also very important is the magic well a source of great power which lies east of the cathedral, the thief understood this from reading the scholars journals.... his goal was to gain access and use this power to
claim immortality

the Well had been closed off for many years and was not easily accessable even to the priests no one had been in the place for
many many years

thoughts?

Enjoy
Bob
Perhaps then, we could say that when the MW player killed the thief, it was too late as the thief had already made a ritual to be resurrected in the event of his death (not unlike Umaril in KOTN lore) and he was resurrected under a new name and claimed to then be this prophet. He now has to repay this debt and become immortal, using Lumen Julianii as his lair after defiling it.

Thus, by killing him, the player would now ensure his death forever and liberate the defiled cathedral.

Also, for the quest in which the player searches for the missing people (who were taken to be sacrificed to Molag Bal), the slave, the merchant and the soldier were all killed, but the player saves the priest in time.

This priest could then take over control of Lumen Julianii once the player has killed the Prophet.
I like it :goodjob:
For the detectives, you're welcome to use the ones from the end of my quest 'The Dead of Soluthis' if you'd like.

Pride
Thanks Smile

Perhaps we could say that the detectives at the end of your quest are setting up the Soluthis 'branch' of the agency, since I intended this to be based in Silgrad City, although all three cities will be used at some point in the quests.
Pages: 1 2